new Eley ammo

what is the tenex rounds? are they like super match rounds? i've never used them. i know this is a rookie question but if i don't ask i'll never know and somebody else may not know and i'll take them off the hook.

It's their top-of-the-line, most consistent ammo, and most expensive. As you go down the line the consistency is a bit worse at each step, but the price also drops accordingly.

I notice now that they've dropped the two Biathlon loads from the line-up. And they mention they've got a new box design for 2008, too. I'm curious about the box changes. Get a little annoyed with the old boxes and their trays falling inside the box now and then.

thank you. i was guessing the tenex was the tp shelf stuff from the way you posted the line up. thank you for not making fun of me not knowing.

Bob Collins...when will you be getting this new Eley ammunition in stock? Besides the Match and Tenex, I would like to try some of the new Team.

Speaking of Eley new boxes....the latest issue of PS magazine has an article by some guy testing different lots of 22 ammo. All brands had lot #s listed, but the Eley had a note that NO LOT NUMBERS were on the Eley boxes. Is this guy lame, or do the new boxes have no lot #s??? I can't believe Eley would not put a lot # on for QC tracking at least.:confused:

Maybe he got it right from Eley and it wasn't marked simply because it wasn't marked? Or maybe it was cherry-picked? Who knows. I agree it would be very strange for them to not have lot numbers, since they would want to track that stuff and they know that we want to know it, too. I'd be very surprised if any retail stuff was missing it.

Just got back from the Shot Show in Vegas, Eley has new boxes, and will be coming out with the Tenex at first, which is going to be more quality controlled in production for better consistency. About lot #'s on boxes don't know. Eley stated sometime in May it will be shipped. As far as price they did not know at this time.

Lapua also has changes to their rimfire line. You can go to 6mmBr. and veiw Charlie Scott taking about Lapua's change in their line of rimfire ammo.

I'm sure more info will be posted.

Thanks Joe for pointing out the interview with Charlie Scott...interesting.

Will be interesting to hear some field reports on the new super duper Lapua ammo.

Charlie

Makes you wonder

If all these high scores were shot with new ammo under the old label by a select few. Just who were the mysterious testers?

Back