New bench

The pad has 3/8 rebar 12" O.C.
The 14" tubes have 4 - 1/2" rebar that run from the top and is bent to tie into the pad
The 8" back tubes have 3 - 1/2" done the same way
The top has 1/2" rebar 8" O.C.
I bent 1/2" rebar and tied the sona tube cages to the top rebar mat

I have some superfeet from sinclairs so hopefully no hammering will occur

Codeman if you don't mind I would like to have the measurements for the top if that isn't to much trouble I'm building a 100 yard range at my house for personal use so I don't have to drive 15 miles to the range

The top is 96" wide 54" deep
The space in the "U" is 30" wide
The "pan handles" are 14" wide by 18" long

I'll try to attach a drawing I have but it might not scale properly

The measurements on the picture are the plywood dimensions, the 2x4 forms sit on top of that, making the finished size a little smaller

Attachments

• 100_0583 (Large).jpg
    100_0583 (Large).jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
Sweet!

I'm about to build a bench at my place. Will not be THAT nice.
That's a three man bench (or 1guy/2ladies ideally:eek:) if someone shows up with a handgun:D.

Hey aliwa, Did your bench make it through the ravages of winter or did the floods in the pacific northwest wash it away. Show us some pics. Tried to search for them but it getting close to my bedtime,work tommorrow, have to keep social security solvent RANDY

Randy, here are some bench pix.

I've done them three ways, Completely monolithic (for use on unstable subgrade), Isolated legs where the legs go down through the floor so that the dancers behind you don't give your scope the jitters, and separated/movable.

I've just linked you to my website where I've got a few profiled. ( http://www.sierraconcretefoundations.com/gallery.php?cat=concrete_tables&popmethod= )The one that's colored is a mono-pour, it's hooked to the slab with rebar. Both of the others are isolated, one of them on tubes thru the floor and the other is poured with the exterior foundation walls of a building where the walking slab just butts up to it. These three are all very stable but are private benches, not really separated well for competition. For informal shooting these are all fine and all VERY stable. Zero feedback from the other shooters.

yeahh, the one in my yard survived the snow just fine ;)

al

New Bench

As an old Mason, I have to say"
That's one heck of a form JOB""" Pouring monolithic is that shape is really something. Good luck with your shooting

Ah ha Precast" Still nice forming job. Was it rubbed down after the Pour?

Randy, here are some bench pix.

I've done them three ways, Completely monolithic (for use on unstable subgrade), Isolated legs where the legs go down through the floor so that the dancers behind you don't give your scope the jitters, and separated/movable.

I've just linked you to my website where I've got a few profiled. ( http://www.sierraconcretefoundations.com/gallery.php?cat=concrete_tables&popmethod= )
yeahh, the one in my yard survived the snow just fine ;)

al

Al,

Your benches are about as good as they get and they look good too. Do they ship well?:)

Concho Bill

Back