Need Your Opinion

Jayhawker

Shoot alone most of the time and don't really have anyone to compare with. This afternoon, got out my 6X47 for the 500 meter range. Conditions were almost ideal with no mirage and light to no wind at all (for once). Five targets averaged .660 MOA. I'm kind of pleased with that given the fact that I certainly am no pro benchrest shooter. What do you think?

i doubt there is anything "wrong", but really the only way to know is to compare to similar rounds at the same distance shot at the same time in another rifle by another shooter.
we know nothing of your rifle a stock 700 with a factory bbl or a custom . hand loaded or factory ammo
wind flags, front and rear rests, what power of scope.

i doubt there is anything "wrong", but really the only way to know is to compare to similar rounds at the same distance shot at the same time in another rifle by another shooter.
we know nothing of your rifle a stock 700 with a factory bbl or a custom . hand loaded or factory ammo
wind flags, front and rear rests, what power of scope.

The rifle has a Borden action, Jewell trigger, muzzle brake and a 29" barrel. The scope is a Nightforce 12X42. I do not use wind flags but do use front and rear rests. The ammo is mine. Lapua brass, 105 Berger hybrid over 39.7 of H4350.

the rifle has a borden action, jewell trigger, muzzle brake and a 29" barrel. The scope is a nightforce 12x42. I do not use wind flags but do use front and rear rests. The ammo is mine. Lapua brass, 105 berger hybrid over 39.7 of h4350.
if you are going to learn anything at all make 3 wind flaigs 2 5 50 75 yds. Easy to make. Bill brawand

Shoot alone most of the time and don't really have anyone to compare with. This afternoon, got out my 6X47 for the 500 meter range. Conditions were almost ideal with no mirage and light to no wind at all (for once). Five targets averaged .660 MOA. I'm kind of pleased with that given the fact that I certainly am no pro benchrest shooter. What do you think?

Don't let anybody kid you. That is not bad shooting for 500 yards! Sure, there are others who have shot better. So What!

Concho Bill

Is your rife a 6x47 or a 6x47 Lapua?

If it is the 6x47 Lapua I have a question or two.

BTW that is good shooting!

Is your rife a 6x47 or a 6x47 Lapua?

If it is the 6x47 Lapua I have a question or two.

BTW that is good shooting!

Yes, which one?!? Hell, man, 500meters being about 540 yards, that's <.130MOA , or, in any neighborhood, at any distance, "damn good shootin!":eek:;)RG

Back