Need info on davidson single shot adapter

K

KEYBEAR

I have a Remington action and looking for a Davidson Single Shot Adapter .
Need to find a smith that makes them/sells them or a used one .

Thanks

I have a loading ramp in it now . Looking for a solid adapter .
I would like to put this action and barrel in a solid stock no cut out .

I have a loading ramp in it now . Looking for a solid adapter .
I would like to put this action and barrel in a solid stock no cut out .

The Davidson adapter will replace the feed ramp now in your repeater. If your want it permanent, just epoxy it in. If you want a non-magazine stock, you can then bed the action just like it was a 40-X, except the bedding will show the impression of the mag cutout in the action.

Yes Scott I did look at it and no it is not the info i ask for . I,M sorry you did not understand the question .
i did not ask about a pop in RAMP . ( I have that now) I ask about a Davidson Single Shot ADAPTER .
Totaly different thing then a Davidson pop in ramp
. Yes it glues in and I have one in a another Rifle and need one more .

I do thank you for trying ? KEYBEAR

The Davidson adapter will replace the feed ramp now in your repeater. If your want it permanent, just epoxy it in. If you want a non-magazine stock, you can then bed the action just like it was a 40-X, except the bedding will show the impression of the mag cutout in the action.

The Davidson adapter replaces the entire magazine assembly. The feed ramp would be impossible to 'replace' since it is machined into the front of the the magazine cutout in the receiver . It IS possible to replace the magazine follower and this sounds like what the OP has currently. What he wants is the part in Keith's link...

I give up . NO NO NO I,m not looking for the Davidson single shot ramp http://www.sinclairintl.com/.aspx/pi...-Loading-Ramps this is not it . Davidson at one time made a replacement for the box magazine and floor plate ?

To think someone can,t find the Sinclair drop in is just not right .

I am a little confused, as I guess so are the others that tried to annwer your question. If you look at the Sinclair catalog they offer two types of followers. The Score High, which just sits on top of the existing follower, keeping all in place. And the Davidson, which is a glue in and requires you to remove the existing box, follower and spring. It sorta makes it into a 40X. To my knowledge it is the only loading ramp that Davidson has offered for a good many years.

Ed

Eventually the light bulb will come on. I have one of the Davidson ramps on my bench. On mine I had to remove some metal off the bottom surface of the part so it didn't protrude beyond the diameter of 700 receiver. Otherwise the receiver would have been rocking on the loading ramp.

I would like to thank you guys it has been an experience .
I have a Gentleman in PA going to send me a real Davidson Single Shot Adaptor .
Just for fun the real one is steel not aluminum and longer and wider . It will need to be fit then sweat in or glued .

Thanks Again KEYBEAR

I would like to thank you guys it has been an experience .
I have a Gentleman in PA going to send me a real Davidson Single Shot Adaptor .
Just for fun the real one is steel not aluminum and longer and wider . It will need to be fit then sweat in or glued .

Thanks Again KEYBEAR

So does that mean the ones that Sinclair sells are fake? Funny because when I had Jim Hart re-barrel two of my Rem 700's to a 22BR and a 6BR he used the fake ones

Ed

It was funny. When I went out to the shop last night to take a picture, I found that I needed to remove a little material from mine just to get it into the magazine cutout so I could take the picture. I'm glad it wasn't the longer and wider version because that would have been a lot more work.

KEYBEAR, I'm glad you found what you were looking for and I appreciate your sense of humor.

I attached the picture again but you may need to click the link to view it.

Scott

View attachment 12638

It was funny. When I went out to the shop last night to take a picture, I found that I needed to remove a little material from mine just to get it into the magazine cutout so I could take the picture. I'm glad it wasn't the longer and wider version because that would have been a lot more work.

KEYBEAR, I'm glad you found what you were looking for and I appreciate your sense of humor.

I attached the picture again but you may need to click the link to view it.

Scott

View attachment 12638

Scott,

Your attachments will not open, at lease for me. Don't know if anyone else is having the same problem.

Ed

I find it common that links of the sort that are in posts in this thread do not work. The ones in this thread did not....for me. Did they work for anyone? If not, let me suggest an alternative. Use a free image hosting site, that way you can choose the option that results in being shown, at any desired size, with the post. For example
Visalia10-18-09fiveshotunlim017.jpg

I'm more curious now than I was when this thread started. I'd like to see a photo of the Davidson Single Shot Adapter. Is it the one we are most familiar with, or is something else altogether???????? The only photo I was able to see was Boyd's. (I wish I could afford a gun like that););)

Last edited by a moderator:
That link works just the same as the others - NOT!!!

We all know what the Sinclair ramp looks like. I want to see a photo of the Single Shot Adapter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never before have I seen a thread with so many non working links, except Boyd's link. Nice looking rail BTW, but still don't know exactly what a Davidson Single Shot adapter looks like.

Dick

Back