Need a better Trickler

Bob Kingsbury

Would like to see someone make a better powder trickler. Maybe smooth bore
at the end, maybe no threads, just a slight downward tilt.
All the ones I have will clump at times right at the end, dropping 3-4 kernals
at one time. Think there would be a good market for this

Do a search for the Omega powder trickler and you will be able to end your search quickly and be on your way to finding the perfect trickler. I have some early prototypes he sent me to try that work great and seems like his new ones are really dialed in now. The nice part is the remote control allows you to keep your beam on a shelf at eye-level like many do for parallax control and your trickle hand stays down on the table top with the remote and is much less fatiguing than keeping your arm raised on the trickler for extended times.

Check the video on his website. Honestly the video is home spun and he did no justice for himself Lol to say the least and it actually works alot better than in the promo and the good fellow spends lots more time tapping than is necessary since he is trying to do a video and talk at the same time..

With just a little practice you will be dropping single kernels of even coarse powders like Varget with the touch of a button and it allows you to trickle up loads with single-kernel accuracy in about 20 seconds which beats the green machines by time and accuracy if that's important to you but it's alot more hands on and almost like playing a video game with a controller. The left button drops single kernels and the right one is a high speed control for quickly adding a grain or more. Probably the best invention of the year but hardly ever gets a mention for some reason. I think he is a sponsor on this forum or the other "BR" forum and have seen pop up adds occasionally.

BTW the black $17. Lyman E-Zee throw manual trickler (Midway has them) works better than most tricklers and can drop single kernels of Varget (sometimes 2 fall out) and works better than others probably due to the angled tube which keeps clumping to a minimum and it works surprisingly well...... just not as handy as the motorized gizmo but makes for quick and accurate trickling for a good price.

I have the Lyman powder trickler, I like more than my Redding powder trickler

How about the old AMT scale......................

it was easily ajustable for weight thrown and for speed of trickle.

Then Lyman marketed it,

Then..............

What now, that's less complicated.....?? ;)

To keep it from clumping, get you a straw and cut a smal 1/4" piece and slide it into the tube of the trickler. This should cover the threads and reduce the "clumping" as you are dispensing.

thumb and indexfinger

(yesterday i weighed out 50 charges of imr4227 for an up comming match.
22.00 plus or minus .03..the limits of the scale.
trickling up was simply done with the thumb and index finger, pinch a small amount of powder and roll your fingers to release a smaller amount of powder.)
very simple, no cost involved, no tool to put up.

mike in co

Last edited by a moderator:
Old Lee Loader dipper. Once you get the feel for tapping it with your first finger you can drop the kernals out as fast or slow as you want.

You bet, I do the fingers thing and have been thru Lee dippers. Many of my tricklers are one of a kind and are just nice copies
made of brass and so on complete with threaded discharge tubes. Think maybe a discharge tube threaded at the port end but
smoothbore 70% of its length at the discharge end will work when pitched down about 3-4 degrees. With no threads at the end
clumps should be eliminated.

Bob,
twentytwoguy has got it right about the Omega, my friend has one and they are slicker then snot on a door knob. If I can stop buying guns long enough I will own one.
Dave T

Back