NBRSA Nationals-What happened today?

Girls ;) I posted everything I got in a voice message from a friend who is tracking several SW Region shooters for me. If I had more I would have posted it.

I thought Wilbur was there with a laptop. I figured Vic Smith would post the UL 200 and Grand results like he did for the UL 100 last night. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
After 2 days of hauling around railguns, moving flags, and trying to load for those 10 shot groups, I imagine they are a little tired. I would sure like to see the proposal pass to change the yardage rotations to reduce flag changes. It sure would make the nationals experience more peasant.

I agree with Butch.

Some of us can't go for many different reasons, but we still want to feel a part of it by watching our friends. Hell, pay someone to do it!
Charlie Hood

It would be very easy to scan the result print-outs each evening and post them on BRC. That way we could check-out all the results by shooter, relay, aggs, grands, multi-gun, etc. Not only would it be helpful to the NBRSA members that could not attend the Nationals, I think it would serve to create interest amoung shooters from other disciplines that might get excited about group shooting. Heck, I bet 6mBR's website would pick-up the info and post it in their "Daily Bulletin" section.

It could work :rolleyes:

Well said Jeff, They got my membership fee so screw me. Jerrel

Lou Murdica is at the match and always has his laptop up and running.You could e-mail him and ask him to post the results.He always seems like a very helpful guy to me.
Waterboy

Lou Murdica is at the match and always has his laptop up and running.You could e-mail him and ask him to post the results.He always seems like a very helpful guy to me.
Waterboy

Good idea Lynn, I'll shoot Lou an email and see if he's online later today.

Lynn,
The shooters are becoming tired, you can't ask them to give anything additional than the efforts made to compete. Most are just glad the day is over and are trying to regroup.
I'm asking for the NBRSA to "pay" someone to post the results of the day. Buy them a full blown dinner or something. But then we've been wanting/ begging for faster results for the ten years I've been shooting and nothing has changed, so I'm singing to the choir again.
Charlie

Lynn,
The shooters are becoming tired, you can't ask them to give anything additional than the efforts made to compete. Most are just glad the day is over and are trying to regroup.
I'm asking for the NBRSA to "pay" someone to post the results of the day. Buy them a full blown dinner or something. But then we've been wanting/ begging for faster results for the ten years I've been shooting and nothing has changed, so I'm singing to the choir again.
Charlie

Charlie:

You are absolutely correct about the shooters getting tired. I have talked with Tom Libby each evening via phone and I can tell he is slowing getting worn out. I remember my first Nationals last year and how tired I was at the end.

I wished I would have thought about this a week or two ago. I could have asked Dennis Thornbury to have Pat Ferrell to fax me the official results at the end of each day and I could post them on BRC. I'm sure they would have been happy to work something like this out. It seems like I'm always a day late and a dollar short with these kind of things.

Oh well, maybe I'll remember next year.

Hi Jeff,
Your efforts are much appreciated.
But it's not an individuals problem to solve, it's a fundamental organizational problem to solve. Fixing this problem could very well help strengthen the organization.
Charlie

:rolleyes:Hmmmm...lets see the individual target results are entered into a computer program and that program develops a printout for the match attendees to see at the completion of each yardage:eek:
I'll bet that those match results could be attached as a file and emailed just about anywhere there is internet access:rolleyes:
Naaah...computer technology just isn't there yet...maybe in another decade or two..:D
By the way this reply was sent to this forum 9-23-1989;)
So you could see it today...

Charlie

Lynn,
Charlie

You are right I called John Jones at 7:30 CST and he was picking up flags.
He was gracious enough to give me a sketchy update....He might call me back
with a extensive update in a hour or more.....

Back