My Non-Ruger 10/22 Bech Rifle

jstanfield103

I have been in the progress of building my Ultimate 10/22 Bench Rifle.
1. MOA Stainless Steel Receiver
2. GreenMountain Barrel 18"
3. Harrell Tuner
4. USA Stock
5. KIDD Bolt and Trigger (2 Stage) Group
6. JWH Charging handle.
7. Rear receiver bolt is JB weld Bedded with pillar
8. Tasco Varmint/Target 10-40x50mm Scope
9. KIDD Scope Rail and Buffer

Got to the range with it today. Just a few more adjustments to make to get the groups a little tighter, including myself. These groups were .275 and .249 measure with the OnTarget program at fired at 25 yards. I have to expand my range to 50 yards yet.

Nice!

A very nice top notch build! I don't believe you mentioned the ammo you used. For best groups at 50' you will need to try different top end ammos. Even with the best Eley or Laupa you will still need the test different lots to get optimum accuracy from your build. Hypothetical if you had the best built rimfire ever made, ammo is at least 50% of your accuracy.

jGee, I was using Federal Premium Match. That is all I can find around here for right now.

I bought a brick of FPM a few years back and for me it would not shoot- much less shoot a decent group in the several guns i tried it in. Any kind of rimfire ammo is hard to find right now. One day you will want to move on out to 50 yards. The absolute cheapest best ammo is Wolf Target or SK Standard Plus at about $90 a brick. Either will shoot nice tight groups but there will be a dropper about every ten shots.

Back