My new shop

skeetlee

Some of you may remember back early this spring I posted about building a new machine shop and starting a small shop for profit. Well it has taken about eight months, but its finally about done. The new shop has taken a lot of my money and time, and I really poured my heart into this project. I am super pleased with the results and I would like to share a few pictures with you fellas. Ill post three pictures tonight and ill add a few in the next several days. enjoy the pics and let me hear some feedback. good or Bad. thanks Lee

My late friend Terry Hall had a work table similar to mine in the pic below in his shop and I always thought it was a great idea. With my shop having the steel siding, building work benches along the wall isn't the greatest situation. I did decide to construct one small work bench against the wall in the back, but the center work bench will be the main bench. I think its really going to work out well.

The third picture is a pic of my buddy Rodney loading in my new shoot/reloading room. this room sits next to the machine shop in the back. Ill try and post a few more pics of this room as well. This room also turned out fantastic. Im so pleased!! Lee

Here is a progress pic of when I was constructing the shoot room. I took pics of every single step. if there is something someone wants to see in more detail just ask.

My grandpas old desk, now my old desk.

My two outside shooting benches. these benches sit directly out the back of the shop. 200 yard range. very handy. Actually ive been so busy I haven't had the chance to use it much. This will soon change.

I guess it would be appropriate to show you all a pic of my old shop. as you can see it was quite small.

Last edited:
Great job!! I suggest you put the table on wheels with the locks on em. Get all 4 that swivel and get the good ones not harbor freight.

Wow!!

Class act for sure!! I have heard good things coming out of your shop. Looks very well thought through, congrats.
Richard

Jay
As you know dad likes hot rods, so he will take over all of the old building. We will knock out all the walls and then dads shop will be bigger and more ergonomic. Come see me, I need to pick your brain a little anyway Lee

Jay
As you know dad likes hot rods, so he will take over all of the old building. We will knock out all the walls and then dads shop will be bigger and more ergonomic. Come see me, I need to pick your brain a little anyway Lee

Do I need to bring tools?
Is yer Dad still drinking Miller Lite?

Jay
I bought a couple of those 3 phase load centers. We are going to try and wire them up tomorrow I think. I'll call you later. Lee

Jay
Your correct, however dad had a plan and we went with It. Everything worked out great, and I now have power to my machines again. Life is good. ill post some pics of the set up. Lee

Skeet
Sooner than later you'll want a bench or cart by each machine. Years ago there was a large Department store going through a renovation. I bought several cash register stations. They are perfect as dedicated work bench/ open shelves for storage area at each machine. Plenty of space to loose things. For the Haas I have a roll around cart with drawers from Sam's club. It holds everything for that machine and rolls for easy clean up. I use two other open shelf carts for moving barrels around the shop from process to process.

I agree with Dave. I always had a Rubbermaid cart by each of my machines. I'm still powering up my new shop so haven't put these to use yet, but I got some wood topped cabinets from Costco to support each machine. They seem really well built.

Back