My First Match ever!!

L

LesWard

It will be at 300 yds. With a reduced target. My rifle is a Rem.40-X w/ 16power Leupold 1/8 Dot. and it's a 6X250 Sav. on a 70's style varmit stock.
85 Sierra's @ 3100

I have a few questions if I may. I havn't shot in 30+ yrs and then mostly varmits and a little at the bench.

Will I be able to see the bullet holes, if I hit the target that is?

Do you folks hold for the wind or adjust your scope accordingly?

There giving us 2 sighters at one minute spacing so I imagine I can set my scope for elevation. 20 rounds in 20 minutes, for score.

I made some flags out of some coroplast. (4)

I just joined this club and would like to look resonably intelligent.

And lastly is there a treatise of shooting F-Class on line?

Any comments for this 69 yr shooter greatly appreciated.

Aloha, Les

Les, we usually shot at 300 meters (330 yards aprox.) and we find a 16X scope sometimes is not enough to see the bullets holes... specially if there is not light behind the target.

F-Class is new here (less than two years) but at 300 meters we usually compensate for small wind variations. If I need to compensate regularly at the same spot, then I click the scope in small increments while moving my aiming point toward the X.

Dont put too much stress on your performance on the beggining... just have fun and see what others shooters are doing and using. I am sure they will be happy to share with you their experience.

Back