Muzzle brakes!

Repete, Chuckle chuckle!

Chuckle chuckle, doesn't take much to get your goat.

Yes, chuckle chuckle!:):)

Come to think of it, every time I change my scope it effects my accuracy and I even have to re-zero. But then, removing my scope alone, really does effects my accuracy. Chuckle chuckle!

No offense meant.

Concho Bill

NO, it doesn't change accuracy, only changes point of impact do to the added weight on the muzzle same as a tuner.... One more thing a brake stops in the bags quicker... now I thought there was rule against that. ??? ..... jim

Last edited:
Remember a guy who had a SureFire brake installed on his gun and spent a hell of a time to tune back to accuracy.

At the first trials, a 12 gauge 00 buck shot was more accurate than his rifle.

He had to use various shims to movet the brake forward and forward and re-re-re-tune his loading every time, and he finally get back to his nice accurate gun.

Remember a guy who had a SureFire brake installed on his gun and spent a hell of a time to tune back to accuracy.

He had to use various shims to movet the brake forward and forward and re-re-re-tune his loading every time, and he finally get back to his nice accurate gun.

What article did you read this?

Most of use don't rely on reading articles, we test for ourselves and a brake does not hurt accuracy only hearing ask me how I know...... jim

Most of use don't rely on reading articles, we test for ourselves and a brake does not hurt accuracy only hearing ask me how I know...... jim

You just hit on the biggest problem that I have with muzzle brakes. When I am at the rifle range I always use my ear protectors but I still hate to have someone shooting near me with a muzzle brake. The noise is is just too much. I would rather have the recoil. The recoil is less harmful than the additional noise.

You just hit on the biggest problem that I have with muzzle brakes. When I am at the rifle range I always use my ear protectors but I still hate to have someone shooting near me with a muzzle brake. The noise is is just too much. I would rather have the recoil. The recoil is less harmful than the additional noise.

If you are next to a 300 WSM with a legal brake at 600 or 1000 comp. and the benches are close, watch through your scope without touching your gun and lined up in the middle watch the action .... It will move your gun right out of the scoring rings and I even saw it blow the mirage shield of the gun on the next bench down...... Plus the way they move the air around in front of the bench that you have to shoot through...... jim

that does not sound like 90* ports to me.
gas should not be going rear ward with a 90* brake.
i shot in a 600 yard match and the heavy gun next to me was blowing stuff off my bench.
got up looked at the brake it was clearly not 90*. it took 2 protests to get it taken off.

If you are next to a 300 WSM with a legal brake at 600 or 1000 comp. and the benches are close, watch through your scope without touching your gun and lined up in the middle watch the action .... It will move your gun right out of the scoring rings and I even saw it blow the mirage shield of the gun on the next bench down...... Plus the way they move the air around in front of the bench that you have to shoot through...... jim

that does not sound like 90* ports to me.
gas should not be going rear ward with a 90* brake.
i shot in a 600 yard match and the heavy gun next to me was blowing stuff off my bench.
got up looked at the brake it was clearly not 90*. it took 2 protests to get it taken off.

No these are legal 90 degree muzzle brakes, but they are bad that close. You don't have the issues at Williamsport where the benches are wide apart, just where cram 12 benches where they should only have 6..... jim

Back