Mossberg 146B

brian roberts

Does anyone have parts for one of these?? I went to Havlin Sales, none listed.

I am looking for a bolt for a later gun, maybe '54-'57 146B.
ANY help appreciated. Thanks. ;)

Hey, Thanks guys, I really......................

appreciate the help! This is one of those To Do things that never got done, I'm
sure you know the kind, time to do something soon. Thanks again.

Brian ;)

Brian....

appreciate the help! This is one of those To Do things that never got done, I'm
sure you know the kind, time to do something soon. Thanks again.

Brian ;)

Howdy Brian,
I saw this thread and realized that something Bill Calfee posted on rimfiraccuracy.com probably applied to you. I will copy and paste it.

More Falcon 6:00 ignition
More Falcon 6:00 ignition

My Rimfireaccuracy friends:

I'm snowed in.....so I got time to think......( which is dangerous)

Oh, first; someone called and left a message on my answering machine wanting a Mossburg 146B breech bolt.....I pushed the button so I could write down the phone number and deleted it by mistake....
I do have two 146B's but no extra breech bolts, sorry.

Oh, second; being snowed in, I punched in Google, "six oclock ignition": There were two responces, one from a year ago, on another benchrest type forum, and one from this forum.......interesting to see how a year changes things........

Anyway, I had posted on another thread, some empty cases fired in my Falcon.....

Today, being snowed in, with time, I re-arranged those fired cases and took a couple more pictures..

Here's why? If you have the most consistant ignition in the world, as far as uniform penetration goes, if you don't strike the rim in "exactly" the same place, you lose something...

Here are two pictures of the cases from the Falcon. I re-arranged them in line....

This ain't scientific, but look closely, there is not one footprint different......none.....

The reason is, this Falcon has the least clearance between the firing pin, and, the hole in the breech bolt, that the pin passes through, of any action I have ever delt with.......so the footprints have to be uniformly placed.

I can't wait till the snow melts...so I can start spending another $50 to $100 each evening at the range...

Your friend, Bill Calfee

PS A challange: if you see a footprint different from the rest, point it out please.......I can't.....bc

Edit: I logged out, then logged back on......my friends, study these cases......accuracy is made when everything, every shot, is identical......

We have work to do.........bc

I think he accidentally lost you, but doesn't have the part you need. Hope that helps.

Greg

Yeah Greg, I got that.................

but it was interesting, so I kept reading to the end. :D

Anyway, if you, or Bill, or ANYone that sees this, I'm looking for the bolt described, and the end of the handle ends in a ribbed ball. I would like to get one of those bolts, so.....

Thanks!! ;)

Just watch for another gun and buy it. 50-100 bucks for a bolt?-you might get luky and get the whole gun for slightly more.

You could part out the balance to others in need.

Just watch for another gun and buy it. 50-100 bucks for a bolt?-you might get luky and get the whole gun for slightly more.

You could part out the balance to others in need.

Good luck on finding a 146B for any kind of a price. Mossbergs have gone through the roof in the last couple of years. I bought a 146B for $130.00 about a year ago and felt lucky. Someone had gone after it in 4 places with a machete (really!!!) and the rear aperture sight was missing. If your 146B is in decent shape, a $50 bolt would be well worth while.

Check RFC's Mossberg forum.

Last edited:
Back