More ammo testing

Brent, It is a fun thing for him and he has the resources to do things that we can't do. He is not a BR shooter. He is a very accomplished hunter.
Butch

I know who he is. And all of us shoot for fun. But so many of us waste so much data. Everyone on this website and for certain, Saeed, have the resources to test more formally. It is damned easy, but so few do.

Yes, we have been down this road here before. No reason to go there again. I just get frustrated when I see large amounts of poorly treated data. I have been thinking of founding an organization PETD (People for the Ethical Treatment of Datums). But it just doesn't have much ring to it.

Brent

PS. that is one UGLY mother of a rifle he is using. :)

PPS. The probability that the two groups of groups he was comparing in his last post are different is about 6 chances in 10, i.e, not very good.

Last edited:
I find his testing kinda interesting.. Maybe the discipline he shoots in allows alteration of the ammo..

Hey, he is just a guy who is trying out different things to see if they make a difference, cut the guy some slack..)chill(

The rifle he is using may look ugly, but I've seen some BR rifles at some matches I've attended, that look worse.. Those Walthers are supposed to be some pretty decent shooting rifles..

Dave

Some control for DA and humidity fluctuation would be interesting. chrono at muzzle and at target. Wonder about the chamber if no lead ring ever forms. Loose? Bullet engraving lands? bad group due to fatigue/decline in concentration followed by temporarily increased motivation thus renewed focus? Detailed description of cleaning method including solvent, brush or patch, rod vs. patchworm, etc would be of passing interest. clearly good ammo shoots better than bad ammo. shock. Seymour Fish

See-more,
I would go to the forum and post your questions. That is where the test is being done. I doubt that the DA and humidity are changing much in a climate controlled tunnel in Dubai.
Butch

It appears to me he's getting the same results I've gotten for years I've tried a lot of different ammo in many different rifles and I've seen group sizes just about the same as his. From what I read in this forum, he's also getting almost identical results BR shooters have been getting for years with their rifles. That Walther rifle (which can be bought in the USA) will probably be the equal of any benchrest rifle and could be shot from a bench perfectly well if put in a benchrest stock. It would also cost about the same as most currently used BR rifles.

Some are criticizing the statistical methods he using but for the results as presented they are just fine. All that nonsense about control of air conditions and bore cleaning is also just some poster trying to bring into this a lot of factors that really would add very little, probably nothing, to the results, Really, this guy is just confirming a lot of data we already had and there is nothing wrong with this.

Back