Montrose Air Rifle Club Sunday February 9th USARB

michaelthomas

www.thomasrifles.com
Montrose Air Rifle Club Sunday February 9th USARB/BIPM

Here is the opening event for us. WooHoo!

This will be a USARB Scoreline event, and an opportunity to shoot your BIPM targets if you haven't already.

Sunday February 9th at 2:00PM

10 W. South 3rd St.
Montrose, CO 81401

If anyone would like more information.....please contact me via PM.

Mike

Last edited:
Mike,

Good luck with your inaugural event. Wish I could be there, but it's a long way between where you'll be and where I am, so I guess not.

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I wish you could make it too. If you show up, we have the potential for 4 participants. :D

I edited the first post to include the opportunity to shoot the BIPM targets......Myself and Joe Rocchia have arlready done so over here.

Mike

I edited the first post to include the opportunity to shoot the BIPM targets......Myself and Joe Rocchia have arlready done so over here.

Mike

Good luck on your first event Mike, always good to see new blood.

Hope the weather is kind to you.

I am away in Germany for most of next week, so send all results together when you have them.

Brian
ps and pictures, I like pictures.......even if you do try to hide behind an orange mask :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike & Joe Good luck with your first shoot!

Mike,
Would love to see pictures of what a heated indoor shooting area looks like!!! Just 2,000 miles might be worth the drive to have Heat !! Hope a few shooters show up for your first shoot!

Paul

Well......the place is a large swiss screw machine shop. They keep it 70 degrees year round so the machines stay consistent. Right now.....there is enough room for 3 people to shoot together at 25m. There is more room if needed......but I'm not anticipating it just yet. It's certainly not a dedicated shooting setup, but it will serve our immediate needs. The owner of the shop is about the nicest guy on the planet. :D

They make the tiniest, most complex parts I have ever seen......and hold a few tenths.

Mike

Mike,

Do yourself a small favor and shoot at 25Y like the rest of us, not the 25M you mentioned. No need to stretch things out any further than necessary if you don't have to. And that extra 5 feet can be a real deal-breaker sometimes.

Good luck,

Dave Shattuck

We only shot the BIPM at 25m.

I was under the impression that if you had 25m to shoot......it should be shot at 25m. I don't know.

Mike

I was under the impression that if you had 25m to shoot......it should be shot at 25m. I don't know.

Mike

Mike, we shoot outdoors at 25 meters. Indoors when we didn't have the Elevator we practiced at 25 meters for the Worlds in 2011. When the club put the Elevator in only two stations could be used at 25 meters and the club needed the firing line all the same distance. So for the past couple of years we have only shot indoors at 25 yards. Same as the other ranges in the USA., England. Etc.

Paul

Mike,

Here's a cut-n-paste of the distances and schedule. As Paul said, why handicap yourself? Those last 5 feet could mean the difference between a 10 ~ or a 9.

Air Rifle
25yd/m indoor – no limit on power
25yd/m outdoor – maximum 20ft/lb (27/J)

Rimfire
25yd/m outdoor
50yd/m outdoor

The schedule of competitions are as follows:

Jan/Feb
Mar/Apr
May/Jun
Jul/Aug
Sep/Oct

Mike

Hi Mike,

Dave and Paul are correct; you can shoot at 25yds or meters (or 50yds/meters for rimfire), your choice.

The reasoning is, with the BIPM postals being an international event, we have to try and accommodate all. The rest of the World uses meters, yards in the USA and we in the UK (who can’t make our minds up) have ranges at both distances.

Scoring wise it wouldn’t be a great problem to separate the two distances, but it would dilute the numbers in each class and with (then) eight events it wouldn’t be possible to supply medals (for financial reasons).

Brian

Mike, I heard through the grapevine that you are in search of barrels. I have a few both in .22 and .177 available. If you are interested the best way to communicate with me is by email, obturate at juno.com.
Dan

Good luck Mike
wish i was closer to you :eek:

Dick

Here is the opening event for us. WooHoo!

This will be a USARB Scoreline event, and an opportunity to shoot your BIPM targets if you haven't already.

Sunday February 9th at 2:00PM

10 W. South 3rd St.
Montrose, CO 81401

If anyone would like more information.....please contact me via PM.

Mike

Back