Michigan Rimfire BR Schedule of Matches - Updated Jan. 31

Why is USBR called "Outlaw" or considered "Outlaw", I have seen where it is one of the more difficult targets to score on...

B

Hello Bolero:

USBR is not an Outlaw Benchrest Association. They sanction matches, just like ARA, IR-50/50 and RBA.

The term "Outlaw" refers to clubs that run matches under the rules of one of the Associations, but do not pay the sanction fees to the Association, which are usually $1.00 to $1.50 for each target shot.

It also refers to clubs that set up their own rules and course of fire. That's us.

We changed a few of the USBR rules and added a 25 yard match. The target is tough enough that 25yards makes a good challenge for the new shooter. He can learn the basics without being confused with the extra problems of wind doping. That wind drifts a bullet 4 times further at 50 yards.

I have been shooting in and running matches since 1957. Ran matches sanctioned under NBRSA, RBA, USBR & NRA. The only benchrest matches where we had good turnouts were matches using local rules that attracted local shooters.

Ten years ago I had suggested an "On-Line-Match" to the shooters on the RFC forum. At that time most of them were 10-22 addicts. We attracted 27 shooters to that first match. A couple of years later it peaked out at 114. It was "Shoot What Ya Got" for the first few matches. Over time, rules were suggested and voted on by the shooters for different classes.

Most of the RFC members shoot by themselves on private ranges, score there own targets and report their scores in the "Matches" section on RFC. We have 4 clubs that shoot the matches under "shoulder to shoulder" conditions each month: Our club here in the U.P. a club in Texas, one in Pennsylvania and one in Florida. We even had one from Brazil for a while.

I think Outlaw Matches are good for benchrest. They introduced new shooters to the game, where they can compete with low cost equipment. A good part of that is that some move up to the Sanctioned Matches.

The South Haven Rod & Gun Club in South Haven, MI will be holding some non-sanctioned matches this year. Although I'm new at this I have been doing a little indoor shooting this winter and plan on putting together some 50 yard matches, 50 & 100 yard egg shoots and possibly 200 yard shoots. I hope to have more information soon. Those who are interested can contact me.

Bigboredave@yahoo.com

Hello Dave:

When you learn more about the dates, contact person & course of fire at Grand Haven: Please post the information here and I will copy it to the schedule at the top of this thread.

Joe Haller :)

Lot's of matches at Sault Sainte Marie . . .

We have six 25-50 yard RF-BR matches scheduled UP here at the Soo this year.
Also four RF-BR Metallic silhouette matches. Chickens at 60 yards. Pigs at 100, Turkeys at 125 & Rams at 200. We use the 1/5 size NRA silhouettes but these are not sanctioned matches. NRA does not sanction BR matches.

We have several other types of matches schedules thought the "No-Snow" season. Centerfire BR, Cowboy, Tactical. IDPA plus Trap & Skeet.

If you like to shoot and want to get away from the heat this Summer come on UP.

We are Cool in the Summer time.

Click on the blue URL code below to watch a slide show of our club's activities.

Joe Haller (Mr. Frosty)
-----------------------------------------------------------
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v186/Joe_Haller/Event Slide Show 2011/?albumview=slideshow

Mouse around at the bottom of the page and you wlll see control buttons to slow down, speed up reverse and select individual event fliers.

I added the Hillsdale match dates to the schedule at the top of this thread:
Posted here as well:
-----------------------
Apr. 3 HillsDale Rifle Club - ARA
May 1 HillsDale Rifle Club - ARA
June 5 HillsDale Rifle Club - ARA (Lynn Alber tourmanent)
July 3 HillsDale Rifle Club - ARA
Aug 7 HillsDale Rifle Club - ARA
Oct. 2 HillsDale Rifle Club - ARA
--------------------------------------

Hello Gordon:

We had 98 tables at our show last year. A couple of weeks ago, the Sault Ste. Marie Inn gave us another room, giving us a total of 119. We "filled up" last week.

We have more Rimfire Stuff here at our show than I have ever seen at any of the big shows I have been to, here in Michigan, Texas or Louisiana.

This year I will have about 30 cases of Match grade rimfire ammo: 10 different lots of Eley Black Box, 9 different lots of Lapua Master and lesser amounts of Eley Red Box & American. Also about 5 cases of SK Match, SK Rifle Match & Wolf Match Target.

I have some new & uses front rests: Cowan, Hart, Wichita & Caldwell plus front & rear bags. A few Weaver 24 & 36Ts and s couple of BSA 36s. Three different brands of ring mounts, including the Burris Signatures. And: I got a case of USBR targets.

I have TOO many rimfire target rifles. Some of them got'a go, but not my Black Suhl.
For sale I have a half dozen new CZ 452s, a custom Anschutz M-54 with a Black Star barrel, a custom Hall with two barrels and a Kelbly trigger, built by Gene Davis, a Turbo custom with Border barrel and Kelbly trigger built by Butch Hongisto and a custom 40X built by Brian Volker. All have Weaver T-36 scopes. Also have four Suhls: Two with wood stocks & two built up by Tim McWorter. No: the Black Suhl ain't for sale.

Come on UP the first weekend of April.

Bring yer jumper cables.

Mr. Frosty :)

2011GunShowLocal.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Stuff

Joe, what are you asking for the T-36's and the guns?

Hi Joe, could you tell us what you will be asking for the rifles...

what would a pre-show or show price be for the Suhls and the 40X...

I want to make the 6 hour drive from Plymouth/Ann Arbor but would like a little enticement...

thanks

B

Back