McMillan Edge Dimensions?

Ackley Improved

Can you get the Edge BR stock in any different dimensions, i.e. forend length, length of pull?

I am asking for a friend.

I assume the way they are made without a butt plate, that the LOP would be standard, similar lengths to all the others on the market. I dont think forend length would be changed either!

So, what is the standard LOP on these, and overall length of the Edge stock?

Cheers
AI

I have a Bruno's Edge and the LOP is 13.5 and the forend is 10.5" long from the front face of the rec. The distance from the trigger to the front of the forend is 17.5". These appear to be std McMillan dimensions for pointblank BR stocks.

The Bruno Edge stock doesn't come with a molded in butt plate. You can shorten the length of pull on either the Bruno or McMillan Edge stock and add a butt plate. It would be hard to add length of pull without using spacers and adding weight. Length of pull seems more critical to me when the port side is on the same side as the bolt handle, less so when the port is on the opposite side.

That ain't no problem boss!!!!!

Have one of my students make your buddy a buttplate and he can have any length of pull he wants boss....no problemo! They are always looking to make an extra $$$$ or two. Plus any other work you may need done at a reasonable price.
Call Adam: 970-380-6466
or Jacob: 208-740-9116

Speedy
mhx0fc.jpg

2e68nie.jpg

2e68nie.jpg

Speedy,

Just talked to Jacob about an Edge Butt Plate. Thanks for info!

I've been reading on this forum for some time but never found the need to register as it seems that most every one of my questions had been asked and satisfactorily answered somewhere along the line. After seeing these rifles, and the other thread, I was sold and had to register just to say "thanks."

I've never seen a butt plate for a MCM Edge until these, and even though I use these stocks in my Varmint rifles, I've always wanted a polished butt plate. Well, it looks like my next build will have one!

I will be sure to post a pic when the stock is done. Again, quality gunsmithing, and thank you for the info.

Ben

Back