Match Director's Please Read

21grains

Are all Benches at Your Club the same Hight?

Are Handycap Different?

Are all Benches in the Postal Matches same Hight?

What is the Standard Hight,is there one?

What Hight are Your Benches? Thank's Guy's for Your help.....Franky

Are all Benches at Your Club the same Hight?

Are Handycap Different?

Are all Benches in the Postal Matches same Hight?

What is the Standard Hight,is there one?

What Hight are Your Benches? Thank's Guy's for Your help.....Franky

Thewr are no "Standard" benches that I have ever seen and have shot all over the eastern half of the country.

Franky,
All of our outdoor benches(we have 16) at Salem are the same height. We started out at 32" but raised them to 34" because we have quite a few tall shooters that were uncomfortable at the lower height. It's easier for short guys like me to raise my stool that it is for them to bend over with their stools lowered as far as they would go.

One of the best Rimfire BR shooters in the country, Gary Mitchell, shoots from a wheelchair off the same benches that everyone else uses. I don't remember if he uses some kind of platform.

And I'll second what Pete said, there really isn't a standard height. As you've probably read on the forum, people are shooting off everything from folding plastic tables to solid concrete benches.

Are you thinking of building a range in Plainville?! If so, I can pretty much guarantee 2 shooters from NY at most of your matches!
Todd

bench hights

been shooting on benches that are 32" for years and years..with no ill efeckes at all..:rolleyes:

There were no ill effects for me either, but we took the 300lb tops off 16 solid concrete benches and raised them 2" to make them more comfortable for my shooters anyway..:rolleyes:

Thank's Guy's for help,This is for My Bench but I wanted to be same as Your's for Matches. 32" and for tall shooter's 34 " .Hope this helps Others, not a bad Standard . Todd I wish ,but thank's.....Franky

Thank's Guy's for help,This is for My Bench but I wanted to be same as Your's for Matches. 32" and for tall shooter's 34 " .Hope this helps Others, not a bad Standard . Todd I wish ,but thank's.....Franky

Hey Franky,

I will outline here what I prefer in a bench, just to give you an idea of my opinion. I like benches with tops shaped like those at Holebrook. I like benches on the shorter side so that I can keep my rifle at the very rear of the bench. Orgs usually require the muzzle to be beyond the front of the bench. I also prefer benches that permit one to position their shooting side leg under the rear of the bench. I prefer to stay behind my rifle instead of draping myself over it. I find that, because of my bodiy configuration, I move my rifle around when I have to drape myself over it. If I am able to get behind my rifle, I am less likely to bump the stock and rear bag. I would rather have a bench that is too high than one that is too low. I find it very uncomfortable to have to sit at a bench that is touching the tops of my thys.

Pete

Last edited:
Back