Machine Shop Technology class's in AZ.

S

swa

Just as the title says, I live in Gilbert AZ and I'm looking at maybe taking a couple of classes. Im looking to get the basics of using a lathe. And also is anyone out their that can share or show some basic gunsmithing to someone new to this type work. I,m looking to get into gunsmithing when I retire from my current job(about 15yrs), to keep me busy. After some formal and informal education. I will look at getting a Lathe and Mill. But would like to get some of the basics on lathes and gunsmithing. My primary interest will be BR and hunting rifles. This site is very informative and helpfull..Thanks to all.

Sincerily...Chris

Gunsmithing Training

NRA offers Summer short courses at Trinidad, CO School of Trades and several others as well. See NRA website or Midway USA site. These are taught by pros from the gunsmithing trade. My son and I have taken several with very positive results.

Additionally, American Gunsmith Institute offers many very professional done DVD courses in Lathe operation, Milling machine operation and a host of others regarding welding, bluing, etc., etc.. I have the Lathe course and have learned a lot about my South Bend lathe(s).

Bill Scheider

The only real one that I know of is here in Prescott at Yavapai college. Prescott has a glut of gunsmiths/ rifle builders etc because they come to the school, like it here so well that they stay:D

I think you can take a basic class at MCC but don't know for sure.

Chandler-Gilbert community college has a machine class, they may have a night class if you check. TAOGART has had success in getting instructors in community collages to adapt their class to fit the requirement's of the gunsmith apprenticeship program, they may help you start up something their. their site is www.taogart.org Good luck

Thanks for all your help. I will call GCC and MCC on monday. Also anyother info you can come up with is greatly appriciated.

Thanks in advance....Chris

Back