M700 DM feed rails?

flatlander

I've got a chance to purchase a bare M700 long action - no bolt, no trigger, nothing but the receiver. Just what I need for a customer's 7WSM project - or is it? This action came from a CDL with Rem's DM system, which I'm not familiar enough with to know whether the DM actions even have feed rails, or whether they depend on the magazine's feed lips to control feed.

Second concern is whether Remington even makes a detachable mag that'll work with the WSMs. Any info would be appreciated - I need to speak for the available action, or keep looking for a LA 700 with magnum boltface.

The 700 DBM actions do not have feed rails in the receiver & require a DBM to feed.
Preferably not from an OEM Rem DBM as there are countless other varieties available.

Flatlander,
The DM has the feed lips on the mag rather than the receiver.

As for the second question, I don't think Remington makes a DM WSM. You have to keep in mind that if you use anything other than the WSM action you will have to mill the receiver to accept the WSM cartridge. It's less work if you just find a 700 that started as a WSM

Boe

Buy the Surgeon LA DBM with a 5rd 338LM magazine and you'll be fine with the 7WSM. With the Rem700 DM receiver you'll have to go back as a DBM rifle and there's none better than Surgeon.

Back