LT powder question

Jhart

SLOW LEARNER
What does your LT powder look like? Mine looks just like the 2015, small gray pieces..my friends LT is darker in color almost black..

If you are talking about the latest Canadian made 2015, the particle size, shape and color of mine are identical. Except for the first lot of the Canadian 2015 the rest are just lots that were too slow to be use as LT 32. On the other hand, if the 2015 that is being compared to is more than a couple of years old, the difference is quite apparent. I would say that the color is very dark gray to black, without any of the greenish aspect that is typical of the Australian made powders that Hodgdon imports. The diameter is virtually the same as the length. Although the tips of my calipers are probably less than micrometer accurate, I just measured a granule of the 2015 at .029 long x .0275 in diameter...fine stuff, that I can readily (with attention to technique) throw within an extreme spread of less than +-.1 grain. Using the same tool and technique I just measured a granule of pre release LT32 and it measured .030 long by .028 in diameter, and I would say that the difference could probably be found with the same batch of powder. Looking down into the one pound containers, with good light, the color is the same. This is about as up to the minute as you will get, since I have done the measurement and observation of color while writing this.

Not meaning to high jack this thread, but does anybody know where in Wisconsin I can find some of this LT-32 powder to try out. I'm thinking my .222 along with my PPC would like this stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Lonnie

contact Recob's

Not meaning to high jack this thread, but does anybody know where in Wisconsin I can find some of this LT-32 powder to try out. I'm thinking my .222 along with my PPC would like this stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Lonnie

in Prairie Du Sac. If anyone in WI has some, it will be them.

David

Send it to me

Jim,

That powder you have is obviously not any good. You know my address. Mail it to me and I will buy you a beer at the April match. We'll call it even.

Your best friend,
Mark

Mr.Mark

I might trade it for 1 or 2 of them fishbowl margaritas and a beer..

"Bestestfriend" Aaaa yeah,,, that must be why you were making choking sounds while i was getting that 2nd place choke plaque buddy ol pal...

Last edited:
I might trade it for 1 or 2 of them fishbowl margaritas and a beer..

"Bestestfriend" Aaaa yeah,,, that must be why you were making choking sounds while i was getting that 2nd place choke plaque buddy ol pal...

Who's buying?:cool:

Did any of you guys make it to the Feb St. Louis shoot? Had to back out at the last minute....literally....i had the front og the trailer jacked up was backing up to it when the call came....bummer.

Hovis

Kevin, Yes. Decent turnout for 8" of snow. Hart was leader in the two gun for 199 of 200 record shots. Then due to him only having one fishbowl and not enough bourbon and King dropping a .190 in him,,,,,,,,,, his load went bad on him.

Dave, I will buy the first fishbowl for Jim if you buy the second. That way maybe he won't sober up/lose tune on the last group when trying to close the deal.

Kevin, Yes. Decent turnout for 8" of snow. Hart was leader in the two gun for 199 of 200 record shots. Then due to him only having one fishbowl and not enough bourbon and King dropping a .190 in him,,,,,,,,,, his load went bad on him.

Dave, I will buy the first fishbowl for Jim if you buy the second. That way maybe he won't sober up/lose tune on the last group when trying to close the deal.

Sounds like a deal Mark. Some of my friends say i may not care for marguretas......others know me...:cool:

like i've been telling my wife for years, I like to leave LOTS of room for improvement. Plus a few beers never hurt for the Performance side of things.:D

Back