Lot Testing

Pacecil

Joe, I sense no disrespect, I hope you have the same sense about what I'm about to say.

You aren't testing. You said it yourself. " by the time i got to testing and what i thought was a good lot out of those 7 lots, all of it was gone," You are just shooting what you have and decide as you go along it's all probably good. Nothing wrong with this, it's how I do it most of the time. This is what I was trying to say in my first post: All good ammo is pretty much the same and any difference between lots is so small you probably won't be able to find it unless you go to some extreme testing methods. (Like shooting up all your ammo!)

If you went to the ARA home page and look at Joe F. scores you would realize that you as a smallbore shooter telling Joe F how to test ammo to shoot benchrest is like me telling Lones Wigger how to test ammo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nowhere did I try to tell anybody how to shoot benchrest! However, I could tell you, Pappas, how to read these posts. I think you should engage your brain before your mouth!

Pacecil

Nowhere did I try to tell anybody how to shoot benchrest! However, I could tell you, Pappas, how to read these posts. I think you should engage your brain before your mouth!

I think you need to read my post again. Pacecil you are on a br site and you have shot one br match and came in near the bottom. On the other hand Joe F shoots br almost everday, he knows how to test the ammo he shoots in matces.

I shoot five 5 shot groups with each lot in each gun I test with. When I find one or two that look good, I shoot five more 5 shot groups to prove them. I might add, I shoot the groups, just as I would a regular target. One shot and move to the next bull. after I have completed the first five bulls, I go back and shoot them again in the same order untill I have a total of five groups. That's the equivelent to a 25 shot target. I only dry patch between lots and shoot five foulers to keep the bore conditioned. If I change to a different brand ammo, I will do a regular cleaning and shoot five foulers before I run the next test run.
I use the same method as Fred.

Bob T.

Back