Lost my Primer Pocket Uniformer!

L

littletoes

As the title states, I've lost my small rifle uniformer....it was a Whitetail that I had picked up in the early 90's and I'm looking to replace it.

What does everyone think of the K&M version???

Thanks for the help folks!

'toes

All k&m products do exactly what they advertise and do the job well. Your whitetail was a nice piece but the k&m will please you even more

Wow!

Your going to have to find it.

I went and looked at what make mine was. From looking at the Google pictures it also looks like a Whitetail. It is one of the best ground carbide tools I've ever owned and I use carbide tools every day. I don't think I've ever chucked it in a drill. It is just to gratifying to use by hand to clean out the pockets.

Good luck!

Did you look under the bottom drawer?

If it's a real Whitetail you can't chuck it in a drill. Dick Wright had them made with a straight shank only and it was better than 1/2 inch in diameter.

If it's a real Whitetail you can't chuck it in a drill. Dick Wright had them made with a straight shank only and it was better than 1/2 inch in diameter.

Mine measures .505. I just tried it in my drill. It fits but like I said I don't think I ever used it in it. I like the way it feels turning out the crust of the carbon buildup and the feel when its clean. Besides a primer pocket is kind of a delicate hole. I wouldn't want to scar up the walls getting at the bottom.

I don't know who ground the tools for him but they did a beautiful job. It's a masterpiece in carbide. The part that rubs against the case bottom is finely polished. That base and the part that protrudes is all one piece so it is always adjusted just right. You never have to worry about it.

When I bought a drill for reloading I bought one that has a half inch chuck. Not so much that it has a half inch chuck but because it is able to turn real slow. The maximum RPM's is 800 but it can be locked down and run at a real slow roll. It's good for chamfering like stuff at work or turning case necks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure who made them for Dick, either. He was a tool salesman for a while. We called him Carbide Dick. Russ Hayden stocked them and sold them until he closed up shop. You might be able to chase down who bought Russ's stock when that took place.

Take a look at PMA Tool. They have a primer pocket uniformer that is adjustable. It will also chuck up in a drill. Good price and nice people to deal with. There phone number is 260-246-5860

Back