Lost a Friend

I just recieved a call with the news that longtime Hunter Class shooter, Vince Pastorella, passed away earlier today. He was certainly one of the "gentlemen" of the score game. Always ready to help a new shooter and a true friend.

Lost a friend

Sorry to hear that. Vince was one of the really good guys in benchrest.
I met him years ago shooting group matches . He was always fun.

Just won't be the same....

...Vince was always there for you, helped me with many a problem. I will surely miss him. He was truly dedicated to the sport.

Lost a friend

I know the game won't be the same for me anymore without Vince around.
He was a true friend and my mentor.He will be missed by all.
Ken Livengood

I shot with Vince for 25 yrs and he was always a good competitor and a gentleman. He will be missed.

Vince

A real nice guy who was always helpful and a fine shooter. Always had a smile (even when he was in pain). We will miss him at the score shoots.
Paul Ryan

He will be missed...

During my years of shooting TCL Hunter Rifle (postal matches)...Vinces' name was regularly at the top of the list at his home range...He was a fine and respected Hunter Rifle shooter...even though I did not know him personally...I admired his skills a Benchrest shooter...I am honored to have had the opportunity to compete in his league...We are dimished...

Eddie Williams
San Angelo, Texas

Vince

Vince_Patorella.jpg

Vince

When I first started shooting, I remember pulling into York IWLA, for a score match, and seeing Vince, Guy Green and Frank McKee. I thought to myself, "You're going to have to shoot pretty darn good today, to beat any of those three." Vince will certainly be missed.

The real deal

It was a promise to Vince to help the 6 power class that got me into shooting Hunter class. Vince was a real gentleman and will be missed.
David Apple

When Carl Baker called yesterday and told me about Vince's passing I was kind of shocked. Vince was one of the guys who was always friendly and helpful when I was just getting started. Somehow I don't think about people of that kind of character no longer being part of the game until they are gone. He will be missed.

-Dave-

Really sorry...

to hear he passed away. I first met Vince at the Nationals in Augusta ME. He was recovering from treatment then(early 00's), but he never gave up the game he loved...6 power benchrest score shooting. He was one fine gunsmith too. I will miss seeing and talking with him. ==Greg

Very sorry to hear this news, our sport is truly diminished by his loss. It was always a pleasure to see Vince at the matches "up yonder". He was a quiet, thoughtful person who was always friendly & ready to help if needed. It was a priveledge to have served on the Score Committee with him for a few years.

Vince

Does anyone know if there will be a public wake or funeral?
Paul Ryan

Obituary and Funeral arrangemants

Does anyone know if there will be a public wake or funeral?
Paul Ryan

Paul
The funeral will be held Friday at 9:30 a.m. from Fierro Funeral Home, 26 W. Second St., Hazleton, followed by a Mass of Christian Burial at 10 a.m. in Good Shepherd Church, Drums. Interment will follow in Calvary Cemetery. Friends may call Thursday, 6 to 9 p.m.

This is an excerpt from Vince's obituary which can be found at

http://standardspeaker.com/news/obituaries/vincent-p-pastorella-1.604000

I didn't know Vince well

and it took me a very long time to find a way to talk with him, mostly because I, sometimes, have trouble initiating conversation. I didn't find him easy to talk with but I sure am going to miss him. I guess people who are inwardly shy are like we are but I am proud to consider him to have been a friend and brother of the Benchrest Games. Godspeed Vince.

I didn't know Vince well either;

My only experience with Vince consisted of a few short conversations at some of the Thurmont matches. But I can say this: Vince helped make this greenhorn rookie feel like a part of and very welcomed to the world of Benchrest.

Wayne Lewis

My name is Michelle Pastorella Geddes. Vince was my Dad.

I just wanted to take a few minutes to say thank you to all of you for your condolences. We will miss him very much.

He loved to shoot. It was his passion in life.

He had a long battle with Leukemia. We both cried the day he said he was not going to shoot for the rest of the season. It broke our hearts.

I want everyone to know he was very brave in his battle. The doctors asked him if he wanted to try one more treatment. We were told of the risks and the side effects, but he wanted to go for it. He said, it is like being at a shoot, it is my last shot, you either make it or you don't.

He tried the treatment, unfortunately he had some other complications before starting the treatment. When he passed on Saturday, he was surrounded by his family. We loved him and were by his side the whole way.

He was a friend and mentor to so many people. He touched many lives. He missed talking to everyone while he was in the hospital. The different types of oxygen masks he had on made it difficult for him to talk as well as his hearing was not the best.

If any of you have any special pictures you would like to share with us please send them to me at emma@intergrafix.net

I will be going through some photos and will post them as well.

Vinnce Pastorella

Hi:

Vince was one of the finest people that I have had the honour of knowing. Words alone can not express what a loss we have all suffered.

RIP my friend,

Frank McCune

Back