Looking for claw mount rings to fit existing bases on fine old rifle (see pic.)

Boyd Allen

This rifle belongs to a friend. He asked me to help locate some rings that fit the bases shown in the picture below. Any help will be appreciated.
claw%20mounts%20001.jpg

That appears to be a brno rifle, looks a lot like my 22F. My rings are open at the top and soldered or brazed to the scope. If that is what you need they may be very hard to find. After 15 years of looking still can't find a butt plate for mine. I hope you have better luck than I am having.

Wayne

Boyd,
Go to Accurate Reloading .com lot of double rifle shooters on that forum. They may be able to help.

Guys,
Thanks for the help. I will follow up on your suggestions. If anyone else has any information, keep it coming.
Boyd

You might touch base with NECG, New England Custom Gun; click on scope mounts on the left side of their site.

Boyd,
Even if you can find them, they are custom fitted for each application. They come in many configurations. Don't spend a penny until you have really researched. You may laugh, but parts and labor could run a thou.
Butch

claw mount

Boyd
Butch is right. Pretty much unique fit and spendy, might just want to start from scratch.

@Butch A thou? that might be a good deal :)

Ethan

Addition. Those bases have a bit of work in them, so maybe someone can make a set of rings. I know nothing of these guys except a mention on the phone, maybe someones has some input.but its worth a try, or maybe they will recognise someones work

http://www.newenglandcustomgun.com/index.html?clawmounts.html~maindeal

Last edited by a moderator:
Boyd,

Can't remember the name of the supplier I used a few years ago to make a set of mounts like you need, but maybe it was EAW, - what I received was a set of rings with solid square bases large enough to machine for those classic Suhl claw mounts. It is a chore to machine, but maybe not as bad as others have advised. I would advise that a collimeter be used in the process to ensure that the scope is going to be able to be zeroed as the bases are machined, since both height and windage need to be precisely accommodated when making such fittings.

Scott

Back