Looking for another rail gun rail lube

M

Mark2

I've been using an old formula of Pledge as a lube for my rail gun rails. It is about all gone. What is a suitable alternative?

TIA

I was just going to ask Mark what type of slide system his rail has, On mine the best stuff I have used is fuser oil for a copier machine, I give out a small bottle with every rail that goes out the door, I believe it is enough to use on the rail for a life time, But I think people must be globbing it on, It only takes a little, Coat each rail, After each group run your finger down the rails to re distribute the oil and good to go again, Re coat after each yardage (IMO), I ran out of oil a few months ago and acquired a fair amount since, I am not sure what works best on the rod type of slides, But RCBS case lube works pretty good on those from what I have heard, And that is what I used to use on mine until I started using the copier oil, Good Luck...J

Last edited:
Thank you Jay....good tip...iv seen people use evrythng from sweat to axle grease....I use ATF (Dexron lot-3481) with good results also....thanks again...Roger

Thanks guys.

L. W. I assume this solution is available from Ricoh copier dealers. Since you are SW how does this oil do in desert wind/sand about collecting dust?

Just found some on ebay for $18/pint with free shipping. How many applications will a pint make?:):)

Oh, thanks Jay too. Is this like what you use? BTW, this is a steel rod/nylon vee setup.

Edit-we used ut make bushing sout of a product called Nylatron. I wonder if it is still available and how it would do for vees? It was nylon with moly particles in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back