Looking for a good gunsmith.

M

mmyers

I have a remington 204 standard barrel and I would like to have a heavy barrel put on but nobody around my area does this kind of work, I am willing to send it out so let me know who does good work for a fair price.

Sorry, I wasn't looking to dog anybody out, just some smiths that people have had experience with. You can delete this if you would like.

time is money

Not sure what you're budget is. The price of the barrel alone can vary greatly. The quality of the bore and ease of cleaning usually reflect in the price. Also, if you're looking for bottom dollar threading and chambering then you're not going to get a benchrest quality job. I'm not saying that some jobs done on the cheap never shoot well. Time is money and most benchrest chamber jobs aren't done as fast as possible. They're done very carefully with methods and barrels that are proven at the range. If you spend extra time working up a load for an individual rifle you would expect better results at the range. The same goes for barreling a rifle.

Back