Lookin for a good press for core seating

Remy, this is what we did in Italy to have something better that the usual modified press:all parts are machined from solid metal, the piston diameter of 30mm slides on brass bushings; the pivots of the connecting rods of 12mm diameter are hardened and slide on hardened bushings. All the tolerances are close to zero.
Best
Alberto

Alberto;
I was going to post the pics you sent me.....but you beat me to it .

Remy, this is what we did in Italy to have something better that the usual modified press:all parts are machined from solid metal, the piston diameter of 30mm slides on brass bushings; the pivots of the connecting rods of 12mm diameter are hardened and slide on hardened bushings. All the tolerances are close to zero.
Best
Alberto

Alberto, Nice looking press. What kind of "metal" did you use ?

Alberto, Nice looking press. What kind of "metal" did you use ?

Hi George, thank you) If I'm not wrong we use C40 steel; I will tell you for sure in the next days as this topic was a choice of the guy who machined them. The piston is chrome steel. They are common presses, just everything is made to be strong and accurated.

Attachments

• IMG_0939.jpg
    IMG_0939.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_0940.jpg
    IMG_0940.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 283
should work fine looks real good, hope all is well with you.. George

They do a very good job: of course I would like to add a micrometric adjustment as your horizontal press have…something very useful when you wanna make a very small adjustment of the die. Everything is fine and I'm getting ready to fly to SS: hope this year I can shoot my bullets. Hope everything is fine about too.

Back