Look what this guy uses to clean brass.

To clarify; I just wipe it with an old rag to get any deposits off, then reload...works for me.
virg

has anyone thought to just let your wife hand polish each piece? it keeps them busy and they talk less. i bring mine a burger now and then and she's as happy as can be.

Trichloroethylene is a colorless liquid which is used as a solvent for cleaning metal parts. Drinking or breathing high levels of trichloroethylene may cause nervous system effects, liver and lung damage, abnormal heartbeat, coma, and possibly death. Trichloroethylene has been found in at least 852 of the 1,430 National Priorities List sites identified by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).

I guess you better not drink much of it. We used it extensively during the mid60s in the machine shops as a cleaner. My Dad used Chlordane in our vegatable gardens and we ran after the DDT spraying trucks when we were kids as it was cooling on a hot day.
Butch

and i played in the mist from the mosquitoe trucks in hawaii
is that why we think like we do butch ??

mike in co
we ran after the DDT spraying trucks when we were kids as it was cooling on a hot day.
Butch

Last edited by a moderator:
The Springfield Armory used the citric acid and soap (not detergent) to clean brass according to the NRA back in the 50's and 60's. Twenty minutes or so in citric acid solution and then rinse in a soap solution. Use hot water for the soap and the brass will dry faster. Max

Back