Long Range Shooting Book Recommendations

Thanks for the input guys and I would love to get to meet some of the shooters and learn a few things. I am trying to decide on my first Build, but in the meantime I have been lucky enough to get my hands on a Remington 40X Rangemaster Thumbhole from the Custom Shop in 6mmBR for free and will start working up loads and learning a little about shooting of my new Grizzly Slingshot Rest. Will see what I can do with a stock 700 VLS I have in .22-250 also. I have 100 - 300 yard ranges available locally and I can get to one for 600 yards pretty easy. I have read Tony Boyer's book cover to cover and am in the process of re-reading certain chapters. I am beginning to be able to Talk The Game, but now I have to learn to do it.

I did contact the PA guys and was told that they will decide during the January board meeting when next years school(s) will take place.

Today I popping into see Bob White at Shooters Corner and next week will be visiting Precision Rifle and Tool.

Joe, I will take you up on that. I break clay birds usually three days a week, but only about about 21 yards and with a bunch of no. 9 shot. :cool:

Bob

Last edited:
Bob the free 40X is a start, bring it with you I'm sure there will be people to help you with the loading. I'm a 300WSM guy myself!

Joe Salt

Bob, take the 40 x and put a set of plates on it and run a Dasher reamer in it and you will be ready……… jim

long range shooting books

To the OP, Tubb's book from about 1988 is excellent, regardless of your intended discipline. Also, read everything German Salazar has written, he is a treasure-trove of solid info backed by results. Cheers, Seymour

Back