-Borden Timberline repeater
-Broughton barrel chambered in 7MM Dakota
-'Smithed by Greg Swezey @ Gold Coast Rifles
-Shehane laminated stock
-Jewell hunting trigger with safety

7mmDakota.jpg

Stinkin' elk better keep their heads down......;):D

Good shootin'. -Al

I guess your good pal doesn't mind the cost of the Dakota brass.........................

What mounts and optics does he intend to use?

I guess your good pal doesn't mind the cost of the Dakota brass.........................
What mounts and optics does he intend to use?

Really, the cost of brass is pretty minimal in the overall scheme of things. Even at $2 a pop, for about a 'c' note he'll have enough brass to last a lifetime. Rings/bases will probably be Talley LW's properly lapped and bedded. He's got about a bazillion scopes, has thoroughly wrung out several with custom ballistic turrets and thinks pretty highly of several of those.

Good shootin'. -Al

Really, the cost of brass is pretty minimal in the overall scheme of things. Even at $2 a pop, for about a 'c' note he'll have enough brass to last a lifetime. Rings/bases will probably be Talley LW's properly lapped and bedded. He's got about a bazillion scopes, has thoroughly wrung out several with custom ballistic turrets and thinks pretty highly of several of those.

Good shootin'. -Al

Brass is the least cost per unit but at 2 bucks a pop means you're ain't going to want to leave spent shells lying in the dirt. Not a fan of Talley rings personally but each to his own.

I too much prefer the ballistic turrets to aiming off. The new Zeiss system gets my vote

Hey Butch,
I have never had a set of rings fail. Even from the cheapest Chinese ones to Weavers even up to a set of Arnold Jewells insert rings, plus a Bukey's mount and a frozen LCS 40 in Brackney mount. But then I have never seen the need for anything more than a 30-06. But then what do I know. Bye the way, hows that grandson doing?

Donald

Hey Butch,
I have never had a set of rings fail. Even from the cheapest Chinese ones to Weavers even up to a set of Arnold Jewells insert rings, plus a Bukey's mount and a frozen LCS 40 in Brackney mount. But then I have never seen the need for anything more than a 30-06. But then what do I know. Bye the way, hows that grandson doing?

Donald

I did have a BR ring crack and give way at the Midland Nationals many years ago. That was my only.
Donald, the West Virginia trainers are flat busting their A$$. He did make a 4.0 in his first class. Actual football practice start the first of August.

Ooooh! Now theres a question..............Leupold, Farrell, Apel.

so what weight bullet and how fast ??
and what distance would you consider reasonable for the rifle ?
inquiring minds want to know...
mike in co

Butch
We strayed off the path a little didn't we. I agree with your comments vis-à-vis the rifle.

Back