Lincoln County Rifle Club Oct 12 IR 5050 3 gun and UL match

T

Ted Derivan

Lincoln County Rifle Club Oct 12 IR 5050 3 gun and UL match RESULTS

Lincoln County Rifle Club in Damariscotta ME will be holding the final IR 5050 3 gun and UL match of the year. Registration starts at 8:15 and the 3 gun match starts at 9:00. After lunch from the Grill girls we will have the UL match. Rumor has it that the Hill boys are coming North for one last bit of fun. Please let me know if you can attend so I can plan for lunch.

Thanks,

Ted Derivan

Last edited by a moderator:
The Hill boys will be shooting with ya'll. Sure hope it's warmer than last week at Salem NY
Bob will be shooting the three gun and UL. Me, just the UL
Thanks Ray

Ted,
Have the grandkids this weekend so will miss your last shoot this year. See you next spring.
Paul

I won't be able to make this one

I will be sleeping off the Red Eye flight from San Francisco.

Pete

It was a cold start but the shooting heated up the benches quickly. Thanks to all that help out to make the first year of IR 5050 a success. The Hill Boys took some pins home with them. Hopefully they will come back next year for more.

Results:

Sporter:

Ted Derivan 249 12 1
Bob Hill 246 5 1
William Colbert 244 11 1

William Colbert 250 16 11
Bob Hill 248 14 16
Ted Derivan 248 14 3

William Colbert 250 15 3
Bob Hill 250 15 3
Ted Derivan 247 8 3

3 Gun
William Colbert 744 42
Ted Derivan 744 34
Bob Hill 744 34

UL 1
Ted Derivan 248 14 10
Bob Hill 247 10 5
William Colbert 246 12 1

UL 2
Bob Hill 250 14 4
Ted Derivan 249 16 24
Ray Hill 246 15 5

UL 3
Ray Hill 250 16 1
Greg Palman 249 12 11 (With A Vintage 1945 rifle)
Ted Derivan 248 12 4

UL Agg

Ted Derivan 745 42
Bob Hill 744 40
Greg Palman 737 29

Thanks,

Ted Derivan

Nice shooting, and I'm glad to see William Colbert looks ready to run a few matches at his range come spring. Good shooting William.

Dave Shattuck

Shooting Down East in Maine

Yup, you wanna shoot down east Maine in October you better bring you're long johns
and winter coat. We had a great time and will be back next year after the show melts
See ya'll next time and Thank You Ted
Ray

We're growing - --

I think it's interesting while the benchrest sports are dwindling in some areas, they are growing in others. I never expected the 3 gun to grow the way it has here in Maine and I didn't expect there to be multiple venues within driving distance. Nice to see this. Hopefully more shooters will be attracted and we will continue to grow. Perhaps if we scheduled some days and invited folks to try it out we might attract more folks.

I think the biggest single venue I could mention is the Ashe County, NC club. Go look at that one! They hosted the IBS Score Nationals this year and had a HUGE State Championship recently. I have heard they intend to hold indoor Rimfire events this winter.

While some of the older venues are diminishing, others are beginning. I guess it all goes to back the same thing, members with the ambition to run events and somehow, a spark of interest by folks who know how to promote, rather they realize it or not.

Pete

Back