Leupold Scope Question

E

ehkempf

For those of you that know, what is the difference between the BR and the BR-D series of target scopes. I know the BR came before BR-D, but are there any technical differences?

Thanks,

Ed

Two leaf springs instead of one on the erector tube is the main thing I've always been told. Double springs = D

Beau, thank you for your response. In my mind your response triggers (excuse the pun), two questions. One, does the change you mention make a big difference in reliability and repeatability. Scopes will be mounted on 22 benchrest rifles. Two, if the answer to question one is yes, can the scope be converted to a “D” model, and if so by whom?

Ed

Leupold

Ed:
Send it back to Leupold. They have a lifetime warranty. I sent back several telling them I suspect they were shifting POA. They went thru it and update the innerds to the newest standard. No Change.

Wilbur,

No, the out side appearance is exactly the same. I have three BR-D 36X's that are matt black that I bought back in 1998 I believe, and just bought two used, but mint looking, BR 36X's one in silver and one gloss black. They all have the same locking ring. That is why I asked the original question as I can see no difference.

Ed

Back