Leupold BR 24 Scope-1995 Vintage

mrh1958

I have the chance to buy an older Leupold BR 24 and was wanting opinions on these scopes,it has the lock ring on the AO,this scope has been sent back to Leupold for a reticle change a few years ago I assume they checked it out then,it seems to be clear just from looking through it hand held.I wont be using it for competition,thought it would ne nice to use on one of my rimfire guns or one of my centerfire rifles for accuracy testing.I dont care for the markings on the AO but I usually set that by looking through the scope anyway.

The Leupold 24X is a good scope. Is the one you are holding good? You'll know after you've shot with it. If your rifle isn't grouping well or as well as it was with your old, good scope, it is suspect. You can still send it to Leupold for repair work. If you can find a Hood Scope Checker you can test it against your proven scope side by side. You may be able to borrow the scope checker from someone in your locale. Where do you live?

I dont have access to the scope checker.....I will be trying it out tomorrow weather permitting,I know its old but it looks good,clear to it seems to me I dont care for the parallax set up but I do like the locking ring

Try this....

When you check it out, once you get on paper and center it, try adjusting the windage and elevation knobs in both directions and see if it tracks where you think it should go after each adjustment. Then return the knobs to the center start off point and see if returns to where you started. If you think the scope is clear and the above test pans out, it will serve you well. Leopold's warranty policy assures you of good service. Buy the way, these scopes were benchers standards for a long time.

Virg

Like mine just fine.

Mine came on a 40XBR in the old 6X47 Remington caliber. It's still on it, but with different mounts. I put a Gene Davis optical booster on mine (www.BulzEyePro.com) which bumps it up to about 33X. With that, it's not quite as clear as a Sightron 36 but is still sharp and shoots good.

Recently, I picked up a 24X with a Siebert 30X conversion on it. I just had to own it, to pair up with my original 24X,

I tried the scope out yesterday,mounted on a Anschutz 22,after figuring out the AO adjustments the scope looks nice and clear to me and the adjustments seem work just fine I shot targets at 25 and 50 yards with no problems,hopefully I did not pay to much for it.

Back