Lederer Barrels

mturner

I just wanted to mention that I will be stocking Lederer barrels for anyone who is interested. I did not plan this, it just happened since I have been ordering them in large quantities. I will not be using the forum as a sales tool, but instead I will use the classified section. This is simply an announcement.

Michael

I just wanted to mention that I will be stocking Lederer barrels for anyone who is interested. I did not plan this, it just happened since I have been ordering them in large quantities. I will not be using the forum as a sales tool, but instead I will use the classified section. This is simply an announcement.

Michael

Does/will Mr Lederer do gain twist? What about tight twist .30s?

As of last winter James was not doing gain twist yet. If I recall correctly, His rifling machine is capable tho.

I will check with James and see if he has started making gain twist barrels. If he has, there is probably a small fee for that option. What twist on a .30 are you looking for, or did you mean to say tight bore?

Michael

I've got one of James 13.5 twist 6MMs. I shot it at the East West for the 200 yard portion. The barrel shot great. It pulled me up from mid pack to 5th overall. I should have shot it for the 100 yard portion and maybe wouldn't of had to play catch up!

Anyway it's a shooter I've got more on order!

Bart

30 caliber

James has made 30 caliber barrels with twist as fast a 1-7". At this time he does not plan on offering tight bore (.298") barrels. Like Bart said, these barrels really shoot well. I know of several others shooting mid-teen aggs with them.

Michael

Fred

He does not at this time. He may decide to in the future, but right now 6mm and 30 caliber are the only barrels he is tooled for. I'm sure a 22 centerfire would happen before a rimfire. And for Jackie, the others are correct, the barrels are cut rifled and hand lapped before and after rifling.

Michael

Does he make any 22RF 16 Twist barrels?

Just so people will know the calibers and twist that will be stocked, please refer to the list below.

LV - .243" X .237" 13.5" twist
LV - .243" X .237" 14" twist
UNL - 1.450" dia - .243" X .237" 13.5" twist
HV - .308" X .300" 17" twist
HV - .308" X .300" 18" twist

Other configurations will be available on special order. James does not make anything other than .243" and .308" at this time.

Michael

Another batch of 13.5" twist 6mm LV is shipping to me today. Just wanted to let all of you know, because they won't stay around very long.

Update: This batch is already gone. They arrived on 8-18, and were all gone by 8-19. More on the way.

Michael

Last edited:
14" Twist

Several people had asked for 14" twist, when all I had in stock at the time was 13.5" twist. I now have 14" twist 6mm barrels.

Michael

Contact for James Lederer

I've been using 2 of James' barrels in 308 for Fclass the last two seasons. I've dealt with him directly and with my GS and am looking to pick up another barrel. I've tried multiple ways of contacting him but cannot seem to make the connection (PM here, PM 6mmBR, PM FB, text, cell phone, business phone, etc). Any help?

Drew Rutherford

Back