Lead for Cores?

marlowjoe

I am looking for a source to buy the lead to make core's from. 6mm and 30cal.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

thx

Do what zippy said...if Jef Fowler were still alive he would tell the story about some bullets he made that would not shoot straight. They weren't just bad bullets...they were BAD bullets. Four plus inches at 200 yards kinda bullets....

Do what zippy said...if Jef Fowler were still alive he would tell the story about some bullets he made that would not shoot straight. They weren't just bad bullets...they were BAD bullets. Four plus inches at 200 yards kinda bullets....
Wilbur, I remember that he had bought some pure lead that was dirty. there was some more floating around a 2-3 years ago....

Wilbur, I remember that he had bought some pure lead that was dirty. there was some more floating around a 2-3 years ago....

They are still out there. I heard someone at WW say they bought some off the internet. Within the last year or so.....They still don't shoot.

They are still out there. I heard someone at WW say they bought some off the internet. Within the last year or so.....They still don't shoot.

Tim, I for the life of me can't figure why anyone would want to cut and squirt there cores at this time, with the quality Charlie is putting out its just an exercise in pain to bother with it....also figure in your time and scrapped ends and squirts you are making about 2 dollars an hour to do it....

Tim, I for the life of me can't figure why anyone would want to cut and squirt there cores at this time, with the quality Charlie is putting out its just an exercise in pain to bother with it....also figure in your time and scrapped ends and squirts you are making about 2 dollars an hour to do it....

DITTO!:cool: You cannot do it better than Charlie Hood & company.;) RG

Oh! I agree. It's god awful boring. I did a spool for .22's. Charlie said he only does 22's once a year. It took 3 mos to git wire.
Lowell let me borrow a squirt die. Told me what to do. Got all done. This was while healing up from hernia operation....well 2 weeks after....I get done. And the next day. There is a box of cores from Charlie.....I thought, I canceled the order.....

So who is buying all of Charlie's cores? Guess, I have only been waiting 4 weeks.......

I agree on Charlie Hoods cores used them before they are the best. But if I can't get a response. I know he must be very busy with almost everyone buying from him. might as well make my own.

thx for all the reply's

Charlie is doing good. He shot a HV100 group yesterday scored at .029 with a 30br
It's going to be submitted for review as it is within .002 as scored of the record

As far as his cores you just have to plan ahead as best you can. He will get back to you

Charlie is doing good. He shot a HV100 group yesterday scored at .029 with a 30br
It's going to be submitted for review as it is within .002 as scored of the record

As far as his cores you just have to plan ahead as best you can. He will get back to you

Great shootin', Charlie - hope that one, "measures-up" (down!) for U! :cool: Must have been some great cores! :eek:;)
What was the AGG? :confused: RG

Last edited:
Back