LCS Canted Reticle

SGJennings

The reticles in my 45x45mm LCS are slightly canted. Has anyone had any experience with Leupold correcting this?

Greg J.

I don't think it's an issue at all other than on a $1,000 scope, they shouldn't be.

Has anyone had them do this or has anyone had them refuse?

Greg J.

I have the same issue with a Bushnell bore sighter. Is that normal?

I don't think it's an issue at all other than on a $1,000 scope, they shouldn't be.

Has anyone had them do this or has anyone had them refuse?

Greg J.

Greg,

I seriously doubt they would refuse to fix a scope with a canted reticle, within reason of course. Send them an email, they usually respond fairly quickly.

Long answer:

I have variously been diagnosed with astigmatism and told I had nothing of the sort. By optomitrists and opthamologists. Once, by opthamologists in the same practice. Since, at 47, I continue to have 20/20 vision uncorrected, I ignore it all other than getting checked for eye disease.

Short answer:

I don't know...and neither do some folks that really should. I'll get someone with more normal eyes to verify before I make a horses patootie of myself with Leupold.

Thank you for the input, guys. I appreciate it.

Greg J.

Greg,

1)Put the scope in a set of high rings on a rifle, and the rifle in a rest

2)Hang a plumb bob from a dark string across a long room where you can see it through the scope.

3) Turn the scope in the rings so the verticle cross hair (is that an oxymoron?) (verticle hair) lines up with the string.

4) Put a small level across the top scope adjustment cap

5) compare and make notes

6) turn the scope 90 degrees so other cap is on top

7) Repeat process......

Call Leupold customer service with your notes.

We had to do this with a friends March last winter.

Paul

Thank you, Paul. I greatly appreciate the help.

What I've been doing is comparing the horizontal stadia to the gap between the top and bottom halves of the rings and to the windage lens cap. It is visibly "off".

But, I'll go through your procedure and make notes.

But, I'll do it after the season is over. The dang thing is shooting too well right now to mess with anything.

Greg J.

On applying Paul's suggestion several times, I have found that my reticles aren't canted enough to matter. The amount of cant is quite small.

Just didn't want to let a ding on the LCS hang out there.

Greg J.

Back