Lapua Gold Box Midas M

bigredplane

Does anyone know about when the last Lapua Gold Box Midas M was made in Finland? I'm trying to find about how old this ammo is I have is.:confused:

Thanks Scott

pix238544568.jpg

I started shooting in 04 and the first lapua I ever bought was in the Blue Box which had recently come out. I'm thinking it was late 03 when they changed boxes from the gold box if I had to guess.

Charlie

The production of "that" box ended about late2001 to early 2002. I still have some but the wax looks dry. I spray with WD 40 and happily shoot them.

So how do they shoot for you compared to todays ammo?

Scott

Scott,
I'd love to SEE the difference. Memories sometimes get faded. The old Lapua Gold Box was heralded as the best of its day as I'm sure it was. I would love to see just how good it was versus how good Eley is today. A fellow from here in Indiana passed away recently that had 2 cases of Lapua Gold Box left. I have no idea what will become of it. Are you planning on shooting at Wabash on the 28th?

Carp

The Gold Box Lapua Midas M was truly the "Gold" standard for my 1913 prone rifle. Still have a little left that I use to test other ammo against.

Modern Midas + is the current production stuff that produces the best results now.

Bob

Still Have over case of Midas M in Gold box

Stop shooting competitive a while back and still have a case of the old Midas M (case 74303). This was suppose to be one of the better lots (3735) and was from the old run. Shot great in my Sako and now I am not sure what to do with it. Is ammo that hard to find? Would a sealed case still be worth something?

Stop shooting competitive a while back and still have a case of the old Midas M (case 74303). This was suppose to be one of the better lots (3735) and was from the old run. Shot great in my Sako and now I am not sure what to do with it. Is ammo that hard to find? Would a sealed case still be worth something?

Sure it would, there are shooters that would love it if stored properyl

It has been stored properly. It is still in the case and stored in a vented area that never exceed 80 degrees or below 60. The case has never been opened and I still have about a brick or two of the ammo that I use from time to time when using the Sako that Karl Kenyon set up for me. Just thinking about selling the case since I have no use for it.

Speed

Does anyone know about what the speed was of this Gold Box Midas M was ? Like lets say out of a 24" to 25" barrel

Thanks Scott

Dave, that stuff is going bad soon if it hasn't already. I will take it off your hands, because I am such a good guy. I will even pay you $1.50 per box if you pay the freight and ship it to me.:rolleyes:

Seriously, I'll bet it will shoot as good as it ever did. It might be a bargain to someone if you could sell it for what you paid for it ten years ago.

Big hearted Concho Bill

Back