kalasnikov .311 bullits

leo.30

Is it possible .311 bullits downsizen to .308??
I have a lot.
I have a Lee 308 lube sizer voor me Rock Chukker press
Aneone expiriens??

Leo

the lee die is for lead bullets, not copper jackets.
i have done some, i suggest just working up a load with the bullets as they are
you may be surprised, 40-60kpsi will do a lot of sizing.
what chambering/caliber

Sell them

Is it possible .311 bullits downsizen to .308??
I have a lot.
I have a Lee 308 lube sizer voor me Rock Chukker press
Aneone expiriens??

Leo

to someone who will use them for their intended bore diameter and try and find .308" 125/130 gr bullets for your use. I can't imagine you can't find someone to buy them in this day and age, prob is finding .308" replacements. Good luck.

Last edited:
to someone who will use them for their intended bore diameter and try and find .308" 125/130 gr bullets for your use. I can't imagine you can't find someone to buy they in this day and age, prob is finding .308" replacements. Good luck.

To find .308 bullits is not the problem . Throw away 1 K .311 is something else.
In the past lube the bullits and sized them, indeed is is heavy.
Thanks

Leo

Find someone shooting a Mil-Surp. 7.62x39 or 7.62x54 and sell them to them. This shouldn't be a problem at this time.

Leo

To find .308 bullits is not the problem . Throw away 1 K .311 is something else.
In the past lube the bullits and sized them, indeed is is heavy.
Thanks

Leo

my suggestion was to sell them to someone who needs a .311' bullet and use the $ to buy .308" diameter bullets for yourself.

.311 diameter bore firearms:
  • .303 Enfield;
  • 7.7 mm Arisaka rifles;
  • Mosin-Nagant rifles;
  • SKS series rifles.
Note that 125 grain bullets are a LOT lighter than the first three rifles are designed to fire. Maybe use the bullets for reduced recoil loads?
O.P. asked about swaging bullets from .311 to .308. Many US production rifles in 7.62x39 do that by design. (i.e, Mini-30, Colt 7.62x39 AR-15 uppers.) The throat is .312" in diameter, and tapers to .308 within a distance of 3" forward of the throat. This allows for use of .308" or .312" diameter bullets, some state the rifles will shoot either one equally badly. Believe there is at least variation of the 7.62x39 which specifies use of a .308" barrel, believe the reamer is called a "7.62x39 US".

.311 bullits

12 B,
I looked to the Pat,s site, it is not an option.Shipping and the customers maked it not interessting.It cost more than the prise
what a payed for the 1 K bullits.

Thanks everybody for yours reactions.

Leo

Kalash ?? bullets ??

If the bullet you wanna resize are military issued (ak kalash bullets), you will probably have a very HARD time with the steel copper washed jacket and the steel core.

I have done a lot of copper jacketed / lead core swaging from .224 to .22105 usng a RockChucker. Even with such a press, and such a small pill , a miss in the lube is a no-no ending with a bullet stucked in the sizing part and a possible bend stem if you go to strong.

Further more, while a copper jacket is more or less "inert", you will probably have some "spring-back" with the steel jacket, therefore core stripping on firing.

Forget it.

Back