Jsb 16.2 beast in high power long ranger with lilja .177

L

linzie

I finally got test beast in 900 fps range , I did some testing on my .35 long ranger at 112 yds today at open grove in rainy wind conditions with good feedback . Then I stuck my .177 lilja in and shot 16.2 beast out of it . This all,goes back to my pellet length vs twist rate and FPS question a few months back . I want an open .177 gun because tight little holes score well . So I was surprised when it zeroed almost right on after the switch ,then I shot it at 25 m, 50 ,75 yds . In wind and rain it was very promising good consistent groups ,no flyers out of the tin pellets .

Seems slow twist high fps and long pellets work well , so our season starts in feb so we'll try it out in open . I backed off hammer weight during testing but I was too overcast to chrony . I will get solid numbers tomorrow .
Ciao
Linzie

Update
Our FT match rained out ,so I had time to chrony the beast they are shooting at 1040 fps and seem to like it . I did some comparison just to see what 10.3 -10.5 grn jsb, AA , H&N . They went supersonic and spread out all over . Even backing the hammer weight down 1.6 oz to .7 Oz I could only back fps down to 1028 . So there's more testing to do . the tightest 6 shot group was in a ten ring of a 25m BR target at 50 yds it was raining lightly .

Last edited by a moderator:
nice

I always had a dream of using the .20 eun jin in the same fashion. They are .4 long and heavy. Never got it to work and the JSB beast in .177 was not available then. Hope this turns out well for you. Its fun to see people pushing to new levels with different things.

Chip

"Our FT match rained out ,so I had time to chrony the beast they are shooting at 1040 fps and seem to like it" ............................................."the tightest 6 shot group was in a ten ring of a 25m BR target at 50 yds it was raining lightly" .

Linzie, 1040 fps for the beasts in a 1:24" barrel gives 520 rev/sec or 31,200 rpm. That is close to the figures I gave you in the earlier post for monsters shooting well from my TM 1000 at:
Quote: " An LW 1:16 in ? on a TM1000, shot the 13.4 gr Monsters very well at around 18 fpe 770 fps 577 rps 34,620 rpm".

So it doesn't surprise me that they are shooting well for you at those ballistics.
What does surprise me is that you put 6 shots into the 10 ring (2 mm) of a 25 m BR target at 50 yards! Perhaps I am reading that wrongly. Perhaps you meant the group had all shots scoring tens which would make the group a possible 6 1/2 mm ctc or a bit over 1/4" at that range (I've seen that many times).

I'll continue to follow your experiment with interest Linzie. ... Kind regards to you and to Tim when next you see him, Harry.

AOA and Pyramid Air started selling the .177 Beast's so now we don't have to buy them on ebay from Portugal. I ordered a bunch and will try them along with you.

Back