Joe Besche shoots 2500 at St. Louis!

C

cpeters

Well we all knew it would eventually happen, Joe Besche shot his first "in a match" 2500 at the Benchrest Rifle Club of St. Louis this morning.

He was not shooting the "Grey Ghost" 40x, but it was his backup rifle an Anschutz 54 in the original wooden stock with a Roger Brock installed Broughton shooting Eley Black Box!

Congratulations Joe!!!! we are all so happy for you!

By the way I didn't get a match report before I left but Joe won the match with a 2300+ 4 target agg, Brian Brandt I think second and he may have had above a 2300 agg. Donna Brown third, I think Jim Scrivner was 4th.

I shot almost a 2150 agg and took 5th..talk about a tought crowd!

Congratulations all....especially Joe.

I'm sure someone will post a full match report.

Charlie

Congratulations Joe

We all knew you could do it way to go.

Well I may not know much, but one thing I do know is Joe Besche can shoot with the best of them day in and day out. He just makes it look simple. :p And we all know it's not.

Congratulations Joe.

Did you have your red shoes on?

BC

Joe said at about the 18 target he found out he was using the wrong ammo for the gun he was shooting. I think it was the right ammo and his RED shoes had kicked in.

Way to go Joe

I got to know you at the ARA Nationals several years ago and like you from the start. Joe Congratulation to you for shooting the 2500 target. I hope you fram the target, because they are rare. Tom Sink

Thanks everyone for all the congratulatory comments (didn't think I could spell it did you) still not sure.
Truth be known I just got lucky - actually it was a combination of the red shoes, wrong ammo (now my lucky ammo) and the right wind.
Thanks again Joe

Congratulations, Joe!

A big "Congrats" on your 2500 & your 1st Place win! Awesome Shooting!!!:) We all knew it would happen for you and probably will again!

Congrats to Brian also on your great shooting! You & Joe seem to be "playing tag" this year! :)

Donna

Back