JLC Precision FL 6 PPC Sizing Die

Lee Martin

Anyone use these and what spec do they size the main body at the shoulder and the base? We're getting ready to cut our reamer and may start with one of these. Meaning I'll size a formed case, measure, and then determine the chamber dimensions off of that. Any input would be appreciated.

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

I think? that the die that Steve has on hand is based on the JGS 1045 specs. Call and ask him, he can answer your question.

Joe Hynes

FL Size Die

Lee
Jim wll make you a die to match your reamer. Just send him some fired cases or send him your reamer. Jim is very sharp and he does outstanding work. Its my understanding that he can take your chamber reamer and make you a size die. He has a way of shrinking the die he cuts with your chamber reamer. Now dont hold what i just said for absolute truth. Give Jim a call. He will be in the fields right now so be patient, or give Lenwood harrel a call. Good luck. Lee

Anyone use these and what spec do they size the main body at the shoulder and the base? We're getting ready to cut our reamer and may start with one of these. Meaning I'll size a formed case, measure, and then determine the chamber dimensions off of that. Any input would be appreciated.

Why not do this the easy way?

Purchase a 6PPC reamer from Dave Kiff at Pacific Tool & Gauge [he's got a variety of 6PPC reamers and can tell you which one's the top shooters are using and can email you the drawings]: http://www.pacifictoolandgauge.com/ $138.

Then purchase a F/L bushing Die from Harrell's: http://harrellsprec.com/index.php/products/full-length-die $75.

You guys have been most helpful with your replies (not to mention a few private messages). I like the 1045 specs so I think we'll grind the following:

Bolt face - 0.4423"
Body @ 0.200" - 0.4402"
Shoulder - 0.4310"

Originally I was thinking tight on the base like the Boyer 3 but I'm concerned about bolt click.

From there I'll fire-form some cases, probably 2 - 3 shots per and send them to Lynnwood.

I'm tempted to grind a rougher that's a tad under. In the past we've been able to hold to 0.001" on our FL sizers. That said, reamers aren't as exact as honing and for under $100 it's not worth the effort.

Thanks again.....your input is much appreciated.

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

FL Dies

Jim makes very good dies that will be made to whatever you have. Just shoot a few pcs of brass 3-4 times and send to him.

Back