jewel trigger question

G

garrisone

I have a jewel trigger on an old Mauser action that was converted to 22/250. My question is could I take this trigger of the Mauser and use it on a 40x. thanks for any help. garrisone. I SHOULD HAVE SAID FOR A 40X RIMFIRE. SORRY FOR ALL THE TROUBLE THIS QUESTION HAS CAUSED. GARRISONE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Garrisone,
You do know that your 22-250 is not a rimfire....don't you?

garrisone,
Depends if that Jewel trigger is a Remington pattern that someone converted to fit the Mauser. Get someone who knows to look at it for you. I don't recall Jewell making triggers to fit Mausers, but I could be wrong. Good luck.

....pointing out that it is the rimfire forum, and that you were wasting my time by opening your post.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::confused:

I have a good starter on my Volkswagen. Can I put it on my Ford?

Guys listen to Kent. Arnold never built a trigger for a Mauser. It has been adapted. Not saying that it is a Remington pattern, but it could be.
You give me enough time and metal and I can make that bug starter work on your fix or repair daily.
Butch

Last edited:
you

....pointing out that it is the rimfire forum, and that you were wasting my time by opening your post.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::confused:

I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND IT REALLY DOSEN'T MATTER TO ME BUT IF YOU ARE SAYING THAT I WASTED YOUR TIME BY OPENING THIS TREAD THEN I AM LETTING YOU KNOW I ASKED A QUESTION ABOUT JEWEL TRIGGERS FOR a rim fire rifle. Of cource I know that this is rim fire not center fire. I am sorry that I don't know as much as you about jewel triggers and what they fit or wont fit.I come to this sight to learn what I can to be better informed about rimfire benchrest. if my questions are in fact a waste of your time then just don't respond to my questions and we will get along a lot better. I didn't join this discussion forum to be talked down to or put down. Every body eles has been just great to help with my questions and I have never had any problems with anyone. I have a lot of friends here and they have been a great help to me in learning about rimfire benchrest shooting. I wish you well and you don't have to respond to this post. I close in saying I am sorry for wasteing your time. garrisone. ps-Wilber if you want to delete this you can because you are the webb master . I don't need to be put down by some body who dosen't have respect for me garrisone.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

garrisone,
Depends if that Jewel trigger is a Remington pattern that someone converted to fit the Mauser. Get someone who knows to look at it for you. I don't recall Jewell making triggers to fit Mausers, but I could be wrong. Good luck.

Thanks Kent ,I was thinking that I might be able to take the trigger off the Mauser action and install it on a rimfire 40x..The trigger looks like a jewel trigger and if it was possible to do this then I could save myself some money. I WILL DO AS YOU SUGGEST and thanks for takeing your time to respond to my question in a helpful way. garrisone.

What model ford?

Mr Pappas: In looking at the rifle in question it looks like a jewel trigger and I simply thought that I could use the trigger on a 40x rimfire build. It would ,if possible save me a little money. I am going to my gun smith and get him to tell me what the trigger is. Thanks for your help,your friend garrisone.

you do know all 40x's are not rimfire dont you? He came to the rimfire part cause we da smart ones:d

thanks nemo. I know this is rimfire not center fire and that all 40x's are not rimfire. Thanks for your help.garrisone.

Garrison,
Not sure if this will help but here’s a site with a picture and a few cutaway drawings of the Jewell triggers. Safety (top or bottom) and bolt release are optional.
May help you figure out what you have.

http://www.ada.ru/Guns/remington/Jewell/manual_en.htm

thank you .That sight has a lot of information I was looking for. It is great to have folks willing to help some one instead of smart axx mouthings. Thank you again for your help. garrison.

Back