James Pappas A class act....

gamblingwithgun

Hard to find a man who turns down money. Long story short, I purchased a Pappas rest( USED )and UPS seen fit to throw it down and rendered it useless. I called Mr. Pappas to purchase new leveling and windage adjustment screws. He ask for my address and shipped them the next day at no charge.This man stands behind his product. Thanks again ..Mike White

Mike:

I have a Pappas rest also (Used) and when I bought it I needed two new feet for it.. Called James and they were sent out next day..No Charge..

Great rest and a great man to do business with..

Dave Smith

I don't even HAVE a Pappas rest, I don't even shoot rimfire! And James sent me a big ol' hunk of machinery to play with....

This is where it's funny.

Things had been slow in my business at the time, we weren't buying personal toys in our house none, and James offered me this prototype to play with, for just the cost of shipping... and I reluctantly "accepted" his offer (YEAHHH BAYBEEE!!!).... .And when UPS dropped off my package it had been "dropped" too (dropKICKED looked like)

So anyways, I get home from work and there's this big ol' box off on the side table, top kinda' ripped back, packing peanuts... And I'm off to the shower, and then supper, and then tucking the kids in to bed, and then "by the way honey, did you order something from Texas?"

:) hmmmmm, am I in trouble?

Now here I must digress a liddle..... my wife grew up in a tool and die shop. She was running punch press at 8yrs old standing on a box. She KNEW what she saw poking out of that box :) Let me also add there was no judgement involved, just "is this yours honey??" I truly do have a marriage made in Heaven. AND, a wife who actually can appreciate what I do and vice versa...

So I played it up a liddle because I could. "Well, you know, I got a good deal on it. Such a deal! I couldn't pass it up. THIS guy makes some of the best rests in the world!"

Long story short, when I finally fessed up that some guy sent me that thing FOR THE COST OF SHIPPING she about had a giggle fit. SHE went over and opened it. And just stared. She's like "honey, I don't know much but there's enough ALUMINUM there to sell for scrap and cover shipping! Not to mention the stainless parts and delrin slides and and... this guys has DAYS in this thing!!!"

So I dunno which the story is about.... Pappas or my wife.... but if I ever get into rimfire I'll be noodlin' on a Pappas rest!

LOL

al

Pappas just sold a HB 40X stock on ebay for $247,which he then called the winning bidder and told him that was too much money for that particular stock and just send him $175, how many folks do you know would do something like that? ONLY PAPPAS IS ON MY LIST ,1of 1

i purchased my pappas rest used and he has helped me in many ways at n/c

hard to believe

bob

He needs a noodle. Hey James, I won't call you tomorrow as your head will be so big you can't talk on the phone. I'd rather deal with Jessica anyway.
James has been around this game for many years and knows of what he is speaking. He can dig a little needle into you sometime, but you probably needed it.
Butch

Pappas just sold a HB 40X stock on ebay for $247,which he then called the winning bidder and told him that was too much money for that particular stock and just send him $175, how many folks do you know would do something like that? ONLY PAPPAS IS ON MY LIST ,1of 1
Several months ago James lightened a tuner for me. He was good enough to include at no charge 2 weights along with the tuner. A CLASS act!! Barry

Thank You

A friend told me about this thread, all I can think of to say is thank you all, I appreciate it. James

Mike

Hard to find a man who turns down money. Long story short, I purchased a Pappas rest( USED )and UPS seen fit to throw it down and rendered it useless. I called Mr. Pappas to purchase new leveling and windage adjustment screws. He ask for my address and shipped them the next day at no charge.This man stands behind his product. Thanks again ..Mike White

This post caught me off guard and I really did not know what to say. After thinking about it I realize that I really did not do anything that most of the companies in centerfire or rimfire benchreast don't do. Most of the companies I know of in this sport go out of the way to take care of their customers. I appreciate all the posts though.

First class customer service should never be apologised for James. Neither should great products. Only wish I could afford some. May be in the near future when the economy picks up and work starts be less about surviving from month to month and more about making a small profit.

May be there should be a sticky thread where guys could post up info on businesses that go the extra mile by way of customer service. Just a suggestion as personal recommendation counts for a lot. AFAIC

Back