Jackie Schmidt did you...

David

I still have no e-mail, when I get a chance, I am getting a new computer.
I am back from Corpus, and trying to catch up.
I have never tore into an old Weaver steel 6x. I did a Lyman 6x for Frank Wilson a while back, it was rather simple.
Since I have never seen the inside of a Weaver 6x, I can't comment on what would be the best way to freeze it. If you get it apart, and explain the inside workings, I am sure we could figure out something........jackie

I have never tore into an old Weaver steel 6x. I did a Lyman 6x for Frank Wilson a while back, it was rather simple.
Since I have never seen the inside of a Weaver 6x, I can't comment on what would be the best way to freeze it. If you get it apart, and explain the inside workings, I am sure we could figure out something........jackie

Jackie....My e-mail program died a while back so I downloaded a different program called Eudora. Of course I had to enter my settings from my provider but that was no big deal. Everything is fine now. I don't know exactly what caused yours to stop working but it seems kind of drastic to have to buy a new computer just to get mail.

Brian

Everybody in my familly uses our Computer. It got infected so bad that I had to call Geeks on Call to clean it out.
He did, and placed some fIrewalls. The problem was, I could not get e-mails. He came out again, supposedly fixed it, and a couple of days later, it started the same thing.
The unit is pretty old, (in computer years), so I just going to buy a new unit, and forbid anyone to use it.

Most of the posting I am doing is on my Shop's Computer........JACKIE

Iwas actually

considering sending one I can no longer trust to you. I understand "no guaranties" But you have more of a conceptual understanding of these darn things that I.

What do you think?

Jackie

... spent a BUNCH of years w/computers. While none are of them are stangers they can all be insidious suckers.

This is just to remind you that the "P" in PC stands for personal -- I suggest getting one of your own, protecting it with the latest technology (anti-virus, firewalls, etc.) and treating it with the same care you employ in your sex life [be careful what you stick (load/download) where].

Let me know if you need a helping hand.

Glen:):)

Back