Isabella County Sportsman's Club 2016 Benchrest Match Schedule

pikedrop

Here is the 2016 Isabella County Sportsman's Club Benchrest Match Schedule.

April 23 100 Yd Score (Morning) 100 Yd Group (Afternoon).

May 21 100 Yd Score (Morning) 200 Yd Score (Afternoon).

June 11 100 Yd Score (Morning) 200 Yd Group (Afternoon).

August 13 300 Yd Score (Morning) 300 Yd Group) Afternoon).

Sept 10 100 Yd Score (Morning) 200 Yd Score (Afternoon).

Sure would like to see a bunch of shooters come out and have a blast at the Isabella Benchrest Range. All matches start at 9:30 am. The Isabella County Sportsman's Club location is: 2872 W Millbrook Rd, Mt Pleasant, MI 48858. You can bring your own lunch or order it from the Judge's Bench in beautiful downtown Winn. They have the finest hamburgers this side of the Mississippi. We have concrete benches with a covered firing line and one heck of a fine match director - Steve Robbins. Come one - come all to the Isabella County Sportsman's Club!

Just the messenger boy....

Matt

Last edited:
It's great to see that someone is picking up some of lost matches from Harrison Matt. Good luck to you and Steve! Hope you guys have a successful program this year.

Al

Hey Al!

Hi Al!

Yes, the Isabella County Sportsmans Club is scheduling benchrest matches throughout the upcoming shooting season. Jim Dyke is also hosting a lot of score shoots at the Holton Gun & Bow Club. And Jim and I are directing the Michigan Score Tournament which is a combination of dual score matches shot at Isabella, Holton, and Western Wayne County Conservation Association. There is going to be a lot of matches this season and your attendance is required, Al! I have ordered pins (similar in design to the old Harrison pin) for Isabella and it would sure be nice if you were at the shoots to win some!

I will see you on April 23 at Isabella!

Matt

Is there any place to load? any tables? Just want to know what I should bring. Do we need someone to change targets?
John

Just to let you know that Iosco County with ranges at Oscoda and East Tawas also has benchrest matches. They'll be posting their schedule for the season soon. The first match is May 30.

Thanks for the shout out Francis. Our first match is Saturday May 28. I'll post a Separate thread with full schedule so we don't hijack this one.

Francis, it would be nice to shoot with you all up there, will see how things work out later this year. I was hoping to get an answer for the Isabella match

Answers To Questions

John,

There will be the 'short' range available next to the 100/200/300 yard range for loading. It has a roof. Also, there is limited room in the storage building. Target detail is taken care of. Sorry that I haven't answered your question - I have been busy with my daughter's wedding this past weekend. I am back to a normal routine now.

Just the messenger boy...

Matt

Isabella

John,

There will be the 'short' range available next to the 100/200/300 yard range for loading. It has a roof. Also, there is limited room in the storage building. Target detail is taken care of. Sorry that I haven't answered your question - I have been busy with my daughter's wedding this past weekend. I am back to a normal routine now.

Matt
Does Isabella have any power, camp sites, concrete top benches and loading tables?

Thanks,

Mel

Does Isabella have any power, camp sites, concrete top benches and loading tables?

Thanks,

Mel

Mel,

At your request, I answered your question back on 3-22-2016. Refer to the Michigan Score Tournament thread. And, yes there are concrete benches.

Matt

John,

Matt

Thanks Matt, I understand about weddings, have done 3 of them already. I had my daughter over this weekend and she wanted to go shoot trap. I will always say yes to shooting with my daughters. Hope to do the score tournament this year with you all.
John

Back