IR 50/50 sporter rules

Rayhill

The scuttlebutt has it that the safety on the sporter trigger rule has been changed. If so, why hasn't this rule
been updated? Do I need a safety on my sporter or not ? Seems to me if the match directors were notified of
the increase in target fees from a buck to a buck and one half then they should have been notified on the safety
rule change. The management does not need to rewrite the whole rule book.
If our match directors have to go by the old rules while waiting for an up date on the new ones, why not
go back to a buck a target until they get a written update on target fees and safety rules?
Just saying and asking
Thanks Ray

I agree Ray. Although I've heard rumors about new rules for the Sporter class, I have not seen anything "official" from the management of IR 50/50.
As a match director I can only go by the last published IR 50/50 Rule book (3/31/2008). If anything at an Easthampton match is questioned, this is the source that is my reference source for a decision. I can't go by someone who read or was told something, somewhere. It isn't fair to the IR 50/50 competitors.

Best,
Michael

Good Questions

Hi Ray,
Four match directors were at the shoot today and had the same conversation and all agree with
Michael.
The same thing is being followed in reguards to the cost of targets per match, the present rules state
$1.00 per card in writing and that's what we have to follow, not word of mouth, not hear say,
but the only written rule book we have to follow!

Also while talking about hear say there supposedly was talk of charging for pins at the last Nationals and
so far everyone that was there ( I wasn't )( hear say?) states on this forum and others that when it was voted on the extra $.50 for targets was to cover the extra cost for the pins???
Pete

Last edited:
Wonder Why

Someone more local to the home of IR 50-50 doesn't step up and make the few corrections necessary? Wouldn't take a whole lot of time to amend the rules on the site would it? I understand there is a new site coming along but simply making a few corrections on here couldn't take a lot of time.

In addition to what has been previously discussed I was told today there is yet another NEW Scoring Plug that is to be the only valid plug to be used; first I had heard of it but the source recently purchased 3 of them.

Also, not everyone is able to attend the Nationals. It couldn't hurt to have a post on the home site notifying all of the rules changes and policies decided at the meeting. Communications is vital to the health of any organization that remains successful.

Pete

Last edited:
If a Match Director or any other shooter protest's a gun then it is up to the refs. to to make a decision. Not the Match Director.

Pete
So you would not want to be in their shoes. As a Match Director you would rather do it alone do it alone

Just received an e-mail from Rachael with the new rules attached. I believe it was sent to all match directors. Safety not required on Sporter, and nothing about it has to feed from Mag.

Sporter requires Clip

No Safety but 2 round clip.

Rifle must be a repeater and capable of holding
2 or more rounds in a removable clip. Safeties are no longer
required.

Not what I said!

Pete
So you would not want to be in their shoes. As a Match Director you would rather do it alone do it alone

As a match director if I asked a shooter to be a ref. or if I was asked to be one at another club, the way everything was stated as hear say and the only thing a ref had to go by was the written rules from 2008, how would you rule on a change made by word of mouth?
Don't have to worry about it now with the new rules being out!!
Pete

Pete
Michael stated that he was going by the sporter trigger rules. You stated you agree. I pointed out that Refs. took care of protests not match directors. Nothing More.

Just received an e-mail from Rachael with the new rules attached. I believe it was sent to all match directors. Safety not required on Sporter, and nothing about it has to feed from Mag.

Bob,

Could you forward that email to me? I didn't get it.

Bob, Can you forward it to me as well, I did not get it either.

Ted Derivan

Back