IR 50/50 SC State Match

T

tuna921

IR 50/50 SC State Match Results

Practice 10/26
Match 10/27-10/28

We have 30 benches and if we have less then 30 shooters,we will shoot in one relay on Saturday.
Please let us know if your planning on attending. (For lunch)

We have 15 confirmed shooters as of now

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be there. I had heard that we might be able to shoot yards and meters on Saturday...is this possible?

Phil,
If I understand it right - less than 30 Shooters and they will only shoot one relay.
If that is the case they will shoot the Yards in the morning - take a lunch break & shot the Meters in the afternoon.
It looks like there could be at least 30 shooters so it could be a two day match?
Make Sense?
Right now I am planning going up Thursday afternoon just to get a good parking and or camping space and be ready to do some serious practice Friday!
Hope to see you there.
Doug

Do we have any idea yet as to whether this is going to be a one or two day event. Makes it tough on a few of us to make motel arrangements without knowing.

Do we have any idea yet as to whether this is going to be a one or two day event. Makes it tough on a few of us to make motel arrangements without knowing.

It is going to be a one day shoot like last year,we should be done around 3 at the latest

Jim

Steve,
I like the one day shoot best. You can get a good nights sleep and head for home Sunday morning. I don't know how anyone can shoot all day Sunday and then drive 12 hours.

Pete, no blues here, just saves some people time and money!

No offense and I don't wish to be argumentative but I don't understand how a one day match wouldn't save a travelin person some money vs a multi day match or am I mis-reading your answer? I figure it cost me over $150. per day @ the Nationals. To me, an old retired man on a "Fixed Income", that is a pretty big hole to save back up. Of course, the other side of it is it's only the Nursing Home's money anyway so perhaps I shouldn't be concerned about it, eh? :)

P.S. I attended a fabulous two hour Celtic Fiddler's concert last evening; a lovely lass from Cape Breton.

Last edited:
Pete, no blues here, just saves some people time and money!

One day would save you money but you always leave before the 2nd day, so go crap in some other post as we had fun last year and will this year.With or without you !

Jim

PS we have 19 shooters at this time

Pete, I think what Fiddler is talking about is that a one day match 11 hours away is just like a 2 day match as far as expenses are concerned. You drive up practice, leaving early and arriving tired. Go to your motel, shoot yards on Sat. and back to the motel and meters on Sunday and drive home. If you shoot a one day match and then try and and drive back 11 hours the same day, you're asking for trouble. So you stay the night in a motel and leave fresh in the morning. Both cost the same. I don't think that Steve was being derogatory. He's a great shooter and sportsman but he has little access to IR 50/50 matches in his area. Despite all, I know we will have a good time, as usual. Thanks for running this match so late in the season.
Bob Pekaar

The winds were brisk and twitchy to say the least today

3 Gun Yards

Dexter Bumgarner 747 37X
Jim Pepper 742 37X
David Cook 741 41X

3 Gun Meters

Jim Mollica 740 35X
Jim Pepper 740 30X
David Cook 739 36X

Pete, I think what Fiddler is talking about is that a one day match 11 hours away is just like a 2 day match as far as expenses are concerned. You drive up practice, leaving early and arriving tired. Go to your motel, shoot yards on Sat. and back to the motel and meters on Sunday and drive home. If you shoot a one day match and then try and and drive back 11 hours the same day, you're asking for trouble. So you stay the night in a motel and leave fresh in the morning. Both cost the same. I don't think that Steve was being derogatory. He's a great shooter and sportsman but he has little access to IR 50/50 matches in his area. Despite all, I know we will have a good time, as usual. Thanks for running this match so late in the season.
Bob Pekaar

I understand the concept but I don't operate that way myself. I don't drive much, if any, beyond 8 hours anymore, ergo a differet view. Not that long ago I use to work harder at traveling but now I don't have the stamana to do it and compete. Sorry I brought it up, actually.

Great shooting congrats.guys.
Have a safe trip home.
Dexter showed off again#######.just kidding, great job.
would have enjoyed being there with all you guys but have been under the weather for two weeks.
Congrats. Jim on meters, Pep and Cook are hard to beat any time any where.
Again congratulations to all the winners.

Back