Introduction of sorts

H

HoosierHunter

I'm Doug. 29, IT contractor by profession, background in machining and welding. Figured I ought to introduce myself. Thinking about getting into benchrest, and have an interest in 6mm PPC.

I'm Doug. 29, IT contractor by profession, background in machining and welding. Figured I ought to introduce myself. Thinking about getting into benchrest, and have an interest in 6mm PPC.
Don't even think about it unless you have $10,000 to spare. Welcome to the BR crowd
JR

I am indeed. I live east of Indianapolis. I have no idea yet as to what I want to do. Still trying to figure it all out.

Welcome. Since you are interested in the 6PPC, I assume you are wanting to get into Group Shooting.

Are you in Indiana?

Indiana

Welcome I am also from Indiana west of Indy. I can help with any questions you have. If I can help in any way just let me know. Tony

Don't even think about it unless you have $10,000 to spare. Welcome to the BR crowd
JR

I have to disagree with you on the $10,000.

Yes, a new shooter can easily spend $10k or more getting into Benchrest, but they DO NOT NEED TO.

A new shooter can get behind a good quality used rifle and get a feel for the sport for far less than 10k, glass and ancillary equipment included.

There are plenty of people here, including myself, who would be happy to help you get started Hoosier. Feel free to PM anytime.

Josh

IBS Executive Vice President
Josh Shrum
(724) 466-0819

I used to be from Indiana!

You can spend $40k or $5k and finish in the same spot.

MUST get a competent mentor. Save u huge money and dramatically reduce your learning curve.

Tough but rewarding sport with many great people in it.

Need a mentor before you buy anything.

Mark

PS - I suggest a mentor.

I used to be from Indiana!

You can spend $40k or $5k and finish in the same spot.

MUST get a competent mentor. Save u huge money and dramatically reduce your learning curve.

Tough but rewarding sport with many great people in it.

Need a mentor before you buy anything.

Mark

PS - I suggest a mentor.

Last edited:
Like a lot of others have said. Finding a mentor will save valuable time and money
That said there are several nice rifles in the classifieds right now.
The Bat 3 lug is a nice rig

Indiana you say, well are you lucky or what, (heavy on the what). TM Stockworks is located in Fort Wayne Indiana, as is PMA, who does machine work on all products, and also Benchrite, which caters to the Benchrest crowd, for sales, along with the best bullet makers. They are all listed in the Benchrest Central. Tom is argumently the best stocker in the business and has stocks for sale. The others well you be the judge. I have a BAT 2 lug and love it, and there are countless Pandas, ect. But having a mentor is the right thing to do. Not always right, but he or she will steer you in the right direction.

I drove through Indiana once. Listen to Josh, Tony, Mark, and most of the other guys, maybe
even Bill.

Later
Dave

Figuring a picture is worth a thousand words, I would strongly advise you to attend a Benchrest Match. Once you see what is actually involved, a multitude of things will become clear concerning why things are done a certain way, and why certain equipment is used.

Back