Interested in the functionality of a bore scope and what is recommended

Hello,
I am interested in purchasing a bore scope for internal bore inspection of both pistols and 22 caliber rifles. I would like to know if any of the benchresters use one and what is the best combination to purchase. I really don't need one but would like to have one added to the shop goodies.
Thanks for you comments, Dale

I think most of the Benchrest shooters on here use the "Hawkeye" borescope. Not cheap but I think it is the "Gold Standard" of borescopes for this crowd. You can google up "Hawkeye Borescopes" on the 'net or you can call Bruno's Shooter's Supply in Phoenix,AZ and they can give you some info. They also sell them. I think I got mine from Bruno's when they were running a sale, plus I had a coupon from Hawkeye.
Best,
Dan Batko

"Where are we going and why am I in this basket?"

Dale, The Gradient Lens "Hawkeye" bore scope is the Gold Standard. It is a fine Instrument.
You will have to make some decisions in choosing models.
There is the fixed focus
There is the adjustable focus
There is the Right Angle attachment.
There is the luggage vs the cardboard box.
Just clean your bore, dry, insert slowly and sit back and enjoy the internals of your barrels. :)
Suggest a binder for making notes of things you will see.
Centerfire

Also, a hint on the light source for the Hawkeye... I bought the one on sale at Bruno's, with the standard Mini-mag light. I upgraded the Mini Mag using the LED upgrade sold in hardware stores for a lot less than the Super light from Hawkeye. I can even take photos with my digital camera with the extra light from the LED(I think it's a 1.5 watt LED)....if I hold the camera real steady, and take 3-4 photos, and dump the out of focus ones.

Back