Indoor matches coming soon at Salem, NY

Renegade

We had our monthly meeting tonight at Salem, and I was able to convince the club to let us open up 2 or 3 ports in the wall between the meeting room and the indoor range to enable us to shoot 25 yards or meters indoors. I've got to get some benches built and come up with an unobtrusive design for the ports and will be announcing our schedule as soon as possible.
Todd

Sounds good Todd. Of course, it could be interesting if eight or ten of us showed up on some winters day and trying to use 2 or 3 lanes. Guess the overflow would just have to grin and bear "it" down at the open range. Brrrrrrrrr!

Dave

indoor

This is great . As soon as XC is over I well be there when ever it is open . Call me about working to get it going .

Sounds good. Since you are shooting indoors a possible solution to having too many shooters is to reduce the relay time.
Dan

I would think 12 minutes should work ok, since there is no wind (consequently no sighters) to deal with indoors.

Shooting indoors is completely different than outdoors, alot more thermals to throw the pellet around and no wind to stabilize them.

Time limit?

Dan,
I don't think any relay has gone the full time limit. Most are finished by 10-15 min. I finish around 10 min. Clean my barrel and fill the gun so when the next relay is shooting I can score the targets.
The last shoot with the new shooters did take the full time on the first target but only 20 min on the 2 nd and 3rd targets.

Would be nice to shoot 2 classes (6 targets) for scoreline each match.

Paul

Guys,
We already have one shooting position in the doorway between the meeting room and the range, so 2-3 new positions will give us 3-4 benches. We'll have to experiment a bit with bench width to see if it's possible to squeeze in one more. I'm not to worried about being over run with shooters, and if it happens, we'll all have plenty of time to shoot the breeze...or lack of it;)

3 or 4 benches would work great. After all, we're down to 5 benches at Holbrook, due to the newly installed elevator, and filled 2 relays for the first time at this last match. Now, as to cutting back on the time? I guess I could get 25 shots off in less than 30 minutes. How about moving it back to 20 like with rimfire? I don't see that as being a problem. And if less time is needed, then go to 15 minutes. After that it would be a minute-to-minute thing.

Dave

Back