Impressions and pics from Plzen

Renegade

Guys,
I posted this over on the Yellowforum, simply because it's easier to post and view pictures on that site.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/6730...+Impressions+from+Plzen,+long+post,+pic+heavy.

Aside from some organizational issues which I think were sorted out after the Air Rifle competition, it was a great match with great friends, both old and new. The experience of shooting against and with over 100 of the Worlds best is something that needs to be experienced first hand. You've got two years to save for Australia!

Todd

Todd,

Outstanding report! Some of the conditions sound much like what we were faced with in 2011 down in SC, only worse when factoring in the design of the facility. I can't imagine shooting in such a place and have seen pictures of facilities much similar in the pages of Airgun World Magazine when they've covered what Great Britain offers there shooters. Wouldn't it be nice to have firing lines designed like those. But i can't imagine the cost to build.

Thanks for sharing your experiences, and consider yourself lucky to have been able to be there.

And, as for the rest of the story, I'm sure there's a whole lot more and can't wait for our next visit to Pinnacle on 9/21 to hear the untold portion.

Dave

I can back up what Todd said about the 25m range (and the 50m range isn’t much better). Those concrete lane dividers and the walls on the 25m range can be a nightmare, even when the wind is just fluffing about.

Bench position and time of day you are shooting can have a big effect on your scores.

On the bright side the food and beer are cheap so you can always console yourself at the end of the day, or celebrate if you had a good draw.

Team USA did extremely well, you need to shoot that range to appreciate it.

Brian

Back